Things that looked promising but never materilized

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
We have seen a lot of them over the last year. Some came from leaks, some from "leaks" and others were patents filed by Apple. Two favorites of mine: The "glowing" enclosure and the multifunctional trackpad.

To kill another day so we will only have six more to go lets make a favorite list of things that was promised and might still come. Perhaps we will thing of somethings that have made it into the next generation powermac, whenever that is released.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Apple is the first PC maker to introduce the musical fan. it's a special fan who create a delicious and strange windy music.

Canno't wait to hear one
  • Reply 2 of 11
    keyboardf12keyboardf12 Posts: 1,379member
    2 buttton mouse?

(hopefully a wireless reality soon)
  • Reply 3 of 11
    gilschgilsch Posts: 1,995member
    My career?
  • Reply 4 of 11
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,438member
    Powerful Lowcost Macs
  • Reply 5 of 11
    kidredkidred Posts: 2,402member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gilsch

My career?

• Reply 6 of 11
    telomartelomar Posts: 1,804member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Anders

The "glowing" enclosure

I always just assumed this was the keyboard backlighting on the 17" laptops.
  • Reply 7 of 11
    bodhibodhi Posts: 1,424member
    Off to General Discussion....
  • Reply 8 of 11
    satchmosatchmo Posts: 2,699member
    I'm thinking along the lines of some older Apple offerings. The obvious being the Newton which was way before it's time.

But the one that still makes me wonder is that rarest of creatures, the Black Macintosh TV (in LC520 form) with a built in TV tuner. I know, I know, that convergence is still debatable...but I still think it'll happen.
  • Reply 9 of 11
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    Free PowerMac
  • Reply 10 of 11
    iWalk- That was the most convincing hoax that I've ever seen (relating to Macs).
  • Reply 11 of 11
    xmogerxmoger Posts: 242member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Powerdoc

Apple is the first PC maker to introduce the musical fan. it's a special fan who create a delicious and strange windy music.

Canno't wait to hear one

One of the indy racing teams wrote an app for their engine management software. It played "When the saints go marching in" by revving the engine.

There's an mp3 of it somewhere.