FCP 4 and friends

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I have been using FCP 4 since last week and all I can say is that I'm in love!

The whole suite that comes for a grand is untouchable. There a couple little things here and there but I am so addicted. I haven't had so much fun editing in a long time.

Apple did us customers right!! I am going through and touching up the reel at work just for the hell of it.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    what are the couple of little things?

is performance better?

how are the new audio capabilties?
  • Reply 2 of 3
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    I'm officially renaming it FFCP(Final F***in' Cut Pro). Wow I mean I expected it to improve but I didn't expect All of India Titler to make it. I didn't expect Cinema Tools to be "tossed" in and I didn't expect for "Acid 2003" to be included. Oops forgot. I didn't expect "Media Cleaner Pro" to be added. Can this app get much better? I'm going to enjoy watching.

As for Audio I hear currently you can playback 24 Audio Channels but you can only record two at a time. This will need to change. Also Wedding Videographers and others that need to be able to record syncronized video with two cams will have to wait.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    foadfoad Posts: 717member
    Quote:

Originally posted by applenut

what are the couple of little things?

is performance better?

how are the new audio capabilties?

It runs a lot faster than FCP 3 did on my 1ghz TiBook. More things are real time...all around a big improvement. I used to be an AVID editor working on a Symphony and a lot of things are a pleasant surprise. The UI enhancements are extremely welcome.

The couple things that bug is actually one thing (the other one was user error) is screen drawing in Soundtrack. it is something that other people have also noticed. Not a huge deal but there.

As far as audio goes....freakin' nice. Soundtrack is a great program and has given a whole new array of tools for me to use. fast, fun, farely easy (although there is somewhat of a learning curve). All in all though...great program.

I could actually just go on. The new broken time-code issue saved my arse today. I was importing a 30 mins clip...at about 25 mins, I got a broken time code error but FCP 4 just did it right...I didn't have to figure anything out. I am getting deeper into...more love from me shall come. All in all, this isn't just a upgrade...it's a total pro suite. When DVDSP2 comes out...watch out.