Without public keynote stream, No 970's will show

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
No way they will show the 970 without a public stream to debut the thing. Think for 1 second about how Jobs likes to grand stand new products. A new 970 and he is not going to sell it to the public. No chance in ell!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 17
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    Quote:

Originally posted by zoozx27

No way they will show the 970 without a public stream to debut the thing. Think for 1 second about how Jobs likes to grand stand new products. A new 970 and he is not going to sell it to the public. No chance in ell!

yes, because the 30,000 mac losers who would actually watch are somehow not going to found out 970s were released and are then going to go even further and decide to not buy them simply because of that
  • Reply 2 of 17
    keyboardf12keyboardf12 Posts: 1,379member
    Does anyone know the shortest time period back from a D-day that apple announced a web stream?

if its a week or more...
  • Reply 3 of 17
    coscos Posts: 99member
    If they don't stream it via QuickTime but are streaming it in local Apple stores, could this simply be a means to get people in the stores to sell product immediately after the keynote?

It sounds like a reasonable strategy to me...
  • Reply 4 of 17
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    Getting enough bandwidth for web cast is very very expensive.
  • Reply 5 of 17
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    When people start posting threads on every little idea that pops into their skull, I think it's time to start the Temporary insanity forum again.
  • Reply 6 of 17
    nilkanilka Posts: 14member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Leonis

And with these expectations people have right now it will break every record in Apples history if they webcast it live. Thinking of how poor last webcast was, at least here in Norway I think they might not do it because it will be at no quality at all, Not watchable.

And by tEh way I don´t really care as I am invited to a special event anyway. ;-)
  • Reply 7 of 17
    jbljbl Posts: 555member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Leonis

How expensive?
  • Reply 8 of 17
    zoozx27zoozx27 Posts: 88member
    Get real,

Do you know anyone with a bigger ego than Steve Jobs?

This guy likes a really big show.

Besides, name 1 big hardware release that was not at a streamed keynote. There hasn't been 1.
  • Reply 9 of 17
    kupan787kupan787 Posts: 586member
    This is a developers confrence. Yes Steve is keynoting, yes there may be product anouncements, but it is still a developer confrence. I think way too many people are forgetting that little bit.

WWDC != MacWorld.

So I wouldn't be at all surprised if they only streamed in stores, and there was no "public" stream.

When Apple anounced the iBooks at that WWDC awhile back (it was iBooks, was it not?), was there a "public" stream? Not to say Apple will follow that exact path, but it would be nice to know.
  • Reply 10 of 17
    i don't buy the cost issue. i do buy the "get them in the stores" idea.

(of course as you turn arond a salesperson will be blocking you with his wireless clipboard asking you how many he can put you down for)
  • Reply 11 of 17
    johnhenryjohnhenry Posts: 152member
    There was no stream for the recent ipod/itunes/itunes store release and it doesnt get more "consumer" than that...ok maybe it does but still.

Perhaps they will just post the keynote after the event.
  • Reply 12 of 17
    bigcbigc Posts: 1,224member
    Someone from IMG posted in Arse "350 FPS in Quake 3, That is all" or similar. FWIW.
  • Reply 13 of 17
    what do the latest nvidia cards do on the latest PCs?
  • Reply 14 of 17
    bagubagu Posts: 23member
    Quote:

Originally posted by JohnHenry

There was no stream for the recent ipod/itunes/itunes store release

Actually, there was.
  • Reply 15 of 17
    kidredkidred Posts: 2,402member
    Quote:

Originally posted by zoozx27

Get real,

Do you know anyone with a bigger ego than Steve Jobs?

This guy likes a really big show.

Besides, name 1 big hardware release that was not at a streamed keynote. There hasn't been 1.

iMac, iPod, and the eMac I believe were all special events or non streamed keynotes.
  • Reply 16 of 17
    sc_marktsc_markt Posts: 1,402member
    Quote:

Originally posted by kupan787

So I wouldn't be at all surprised if they only streamed in stores, and there was no "public" stream.

I just called the Newport Beach Apple store about this and they told me that the keynote will most likely be shown at the store.
  • Reply 17 of 17
    bodhibodhi Posts: 1,424member
    This is what we need...another 970 thread.