Animanium on Mac

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Hi all I just wanted to create awareness between us mac users of a 3d animation tool from Sega called Animanium. With the new macs around the corner, we can do with quality 3d software to show the world that the Mac can be taken as a serious 3d platform. Animanium is a 3d animation tool from sega that has an amazing IK system and would go well with us that want to break into the video games industry. It works with both Lightwave and Maya and those us who've tried rigging in Lightwave know its a real pain and Animanium would make our lives that much easier.

I emailed Sega a week ago asking about a mac version. They said at this moment they have no plans for a Mac version but if they get a huge response from the Mac community, they will concider porting it to OSX. Please, as a Community, lets all keep harassing them to d oa Mac port.

http://www.animanium.com/

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    lockstarlockstar Posts: 18member
    Nice to see this thread, I totally agree. I use Maya on OS X and frequent many 3d forums. Chat is usually VERY PC centric, the argument is always speed, price etc. Hopefully if the new towers are price and speed competitive and importantly upgradeable as well as support for high end cards, then things will change. OS X is far superior to anything out there and most people know it, thats why Linux is making headway (most people want a viable alternative to windows). I also hope OS X SERVER (not CLIENT) is released on x86 (check Pixar and Weta recent purchases of Xeon Blades).This would probably be Apple's only way to compete on Renderfarm scale ie price. (Also a good way to make inroads into PC centric worlds).

Animanium looks excellent, saw it on 3dfestival, did you check the movies?.

However, theres nothing more pleasing and frustrating than rigging a model in Maya so I don't think I would consider it. (invaluable for 3d production pipelines though, games especially).

Once things even out, I think the flood gates will open, apparently Richard Kerris (the man is connected) has been in talks with all the major 3d vendors and hopefully things like Renderman, AutoCad will arrive.

I'm positive it will happen

BTW there is a lot of amazing 3d work produced on macs (check below for instance)

http://www.rustboy.com

Yeah all the 3d forums are mostly PC, but 90% of the work produced is shit. This keeps me going.

I'll email Sega right away.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    yeah i downloaded all the movies..the way the child bones work with its parent bones is amazing. The mac pltform needs as much 3d stuff as it can get and it would be nice for macs to be used in high end cg and video games. We need more people in the mac community to spread the word and see it grow to a far bigger crowd