TouchStream MacNTouch Keyboard - Any comments?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    escherescher Posts: 1,811member
    I like my keys to have some travel. It's all about tactile feedback! However, I love the idea of an ergonomic keyboard layout in a PowerBook.

Escher
  • Reply 2 of 2
    gargoylegargoyle Posts: 660member
    I bought their iGesture Keyboard, and have the following to add:-

1.) The pad was siliconed onto a REALLY cheap and nasty keyboard. (I solved this by attaching it to my MS keyboard). The pad itself however, is very good and its really cool getting the hang of the gestures.

2.) I did find it hard making precise movements, and with the pad bumped right up next to my enter key I found that from time to time my little finger would rest on the pad, causing me to delete a few characters now and again.

3.) The no feedback from the keys wasnt really a problem, I just kinda got used to it. What was a problem though, was the key repeat delay... It takes a VERY long time going from one to the other.. eg playing games using the arrow keys is impossible.

4.) Some of the gestures are quite hard to master, and I am not sure the exra strain on the precise movements of the hand is any less likely to cause RSI than the likes of a cmd-c sequence.

Final word: I relly enjoyed it for about 3 months, but as the novilty factor wore off, I found myself missing my old keyboard and mouse. I now only really use it with my second hand tosh laptop which has one of those pathetic "nipple" like mouse things.