17" PowerBook

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Hopefully if all works well, i'm going to be getting a new powerbook for only $990. The guy I"m getting it from is in need of money and is selling his brand new PowerBook for that much!!. I'll Try to post some pics once I get it.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    der kopfder kopf Posts: 2,275member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Altivec_2.0

Hopefully if all works well, i'm going to be getting a new powerbook for only $990. The guy I"m getting it from is in need of money and is selling his brand new PowerBook for that much!!. I'll Try to post some pics once I get it.

Brand new stolen Powerbook? Do you know the guy? I've come to believe that, when something appears to be too good to be true, it mostly is.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    I don't think it's stolen, It was a ebay item, that only people that got permission from him to bid on. He lives in Germany..
  • Reply 3 of 5
    der kopfder kopf Posts: 2,275member
    The story gets even more unbelievable. Do you know that these books cost about 4000 dollars over in Europe? You can get 2500-3000 euro easily on the second hand market, and that is without looking. Many shops will take it back for that amount (and sell it as refurb). Are you in Germany? If not, I'd steer clear. The chance that you'll just be scammed out of your money is too big.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Scam. Thief. This is your warning. Don't come here crying when you get your money stolen.

Etc, etc, etc.

Or uh, give your head a shake. Why in the HELL would someone sell if for that cheap? If you totally needed the money, and couldn't wait more than a few days, you could even sell it for half price in the blink of an eye.

Anyway, this isn't really a discussion of Apple current hardware, as much as it is a thread about you being scammed out of a thousand bucks. Off to General Discussion.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    macusersmacusers Posts: 840member
    i would find it odd for someone to be selling a 12" powerbook at that cost