iPod queries...bugs?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Hi Guys,

I got a 10 GB iPod just two weeks ago and I've got a few questions:

1. It seems like if I don't put the thing on hold, there's always a squeaking sound coming from it, sort of in a steady tempo. (Even when the thing's off). I was thinking that this might be caused by the touch sensitive system since when you touch a key, the squeaking sound is somewhat louder and higher. I'm wondering why it has to squeak though as it is annoying as I hear it when I sleep (and I don't like to keep it on hold as I have no use of it when not walking around) and it give me a psychological feeling that it's using up the batteries. Anyone else notice these problems?

2. The battery seems like it lasts for nothing at all. I can listen to it for about 2 hours and the meter goes down by half which means I've got only 4 hours of life total. This is quite different from what Apple says, which is 8. I used an old iPod for a while and felt like the battery life was much much more. (Thus leads me to think the real difference is more than just 2 hours (10 as opposed to 8 for the new ones)). Would I have to use the battery for some time before it reaches its real capacity?

3. The que songs feature when one is using the playlist on the go doesn't seem to work. It ques up my songs, but when it gets there it doesn't play them, just stops it all altogether.

4. The highest volume I can get on it seems to be rather little compared to the older iPods. Is there some kind of hack I can perform to get over this? I'd like to be able to power a pair of passive speakers so I can use it as an alarm but as it is of now I can't hear much.

5. When I turn on the backlight by pressing the menu button for a few seconds, the backlight only persists for a few seconds before shutting off even when I'm navigating (with the backlight off chosen in the backlight options). In the old iPods it would stay on until a few minutes of inactivity. Wtf? This is very annoying as I have to go into the options and set backlight to always on.

Please help me have your input, these issues are diminishing my user experience!