3G iPod Battery Life

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
How many hours of playback are you getting on a full charge with your new iPod?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Varies a LOT. If I'm exercising, I suck through battery power, probably a 2 hour charge in those conditions. If I'm tinkering a lot with the thing, it's more like 5 hours-ish. If I just let it play, maybe 7? I haven't quite bottomed out the battery at any point yet. I'll say this: I can listen to it through the workday plus to and from work in the car, but it's off at lunch when I'm out, and I usually don't have it on continuously as I'm interrupted by meetings, coversations, etc.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    telomartelomar Posts: 1,804member
    I've found concerns about the battery life somewhat overstated. I'm yet to actually run it out and I've spent a fair few 16 - 20 hour days at work without charging it. Obviously it isn't not stop playing in that time since I tend to be in and out of meetings all day but it has survived quite a few hours where I'm just sitting writing reports and I tend to skip through songs a fair bit.

I might do a more thorough test over the next couple days.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    The battery life seems to be pretty good. If you are messing around with the buttons, back light and have the volume loud, the battery goes quick. But, letting it play straight through, the battery will last awhile. On my first charge I was able to get five days of on and off moderate to heavy playing. The battery icon is not very accurate it at either. And it charges really quick, even quicker when it's connected to the computer.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    telomartelomar Posts: 1,804member
    At half volume and skipping over songs I got a touch over 8 hours of constant play time today.