Formac Gallery 2010 owners!

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
I need your help as I want to decide between the Formac 2010 and the new Sony 23" wide screen monitor this week.

I've read all the good things about the Formac display but I've also read many reviews that claim the Formacs frame around the display is not very good quality.

Do you as a Gallery 2010 owner feel the frame is not up to par or are you happy/satisfied with it.

I know the actual panel is top quality but the reviews of the frame concern me.

Its really too bad I can't see the Formac for myself, does anyone know of any retail chains that sell the Formac monitors?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    Please move this thread to Current Hardware or G/D...

• Reply 2 of 9
    dygysydygysy Posts: 182member
    Oops! made an error, I'll repost in Current Hardware.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    IBL, IBL baby!
  • Reply 4 of 9
    spartspart Posts: 2,060member
    Making a duplicate thread when discussion has already started is generally not a good idea.

And Matsu, I think the appropriate acronym is IBM.

• Reply 5 of 9
    Wheeee...

Yeah, technically, but then again, if the thread is reposted in another forum, wouldn't this one just get locked?

Or mebbe, moved then locked.

IBMTL ?
  • Reply 6 of 9
    AFAIK the thread is locked automatically at the same time it is moved, so the acronym would technically be IBMAL, which sounds vaguely Arabic.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    I think it depends on who does the re-post. If dygysy reposted it him/herself, then this thread would really just be a lock, no moving required. If a mod moved it, then yeah, there's more of a simultaneous move-lock manouver there, and you do indeed get IBMAL.

Now aren't you glad we got this all IBL?
  • Reply 8 of 9
    But he didn't, so

And yes, it was a very enlightening discussion about acronyms.

IBMAL!
  • Reply 9 of 9
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    Please continue <a href="http://forums.appleinsider.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=2&t=001722"; target="_blank">here</a>.