iPod Software 2.0.1

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
In addition to supporting USB 2.0 for Windows, it also fixes the problem many people (including me) had where the iPod would skip songs shortly after they began playing. Mine no longer does this . Oh, and it also fixes the stereo switching problem, where right and left stereo channels would switch randomly. I'm happy, now I finally feel as though I really got my money's worth out of this thing. It's kinda silly for people to see it and say "wow that's cool" and I have to think to myself, "I spent $300 and it randomly decides not to play certain songs? WTF?"

Comments

• Reply 1 of 19
    o and ao and a Posts: 579member
    I'm wondering if it will let me erase a song from the on the go play list...hate it when i accidently put the same song on it twice

Edit: It doesn't

Anyone know what the backlight enhancement is?
  • Reply 2 of 19
    drewpropsdrewprops Posts: 2,321member
    Is it true that this update eliminates the "ticking" between tracks? If so, I have no reasons (other than lack of money) standing between me and a new iPod.
  • Reply 3 of 19
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Luca Rescigno

Oh, and it also fixes the stereo switching problem, where right and left stereo channels would switch randomly.

YEAAAAA!!!!!! I will return to my rock after a quick download.

EDIT: Ahhh bummer! I'm returning to my rock empty-handed. Yea Apple, I bet it would be reallyhard to make a OS9 installer. The iPod software is the same.
  • Reply 4 of 19
    This update is only for iPod's WITH the Dock Connector.
  • Reply 5 of 19
    o and ao and a Posts: 579member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mac Man 020581

This update is only for iPod's WITH the Dock Connector.

aka 3g ipod
  • Reply 6 of 19
    This is a great surprise...purchased my new ipod 2 days ago and thought ..very nice. My freind has the old ipod and although i enjoyed it..it was too heavy and big. The new one ahhhhh. Now with the update, controls are faster, stereo separation seems stronger, as is volume. backlight thing???
  • Reply 7 of 19
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Quote:

Originally posted by drewprops

Is it true that this update eliminates the "ticking" between tracks? If so, I have no reasons (other than lack of money) standing between me and a new iPod.

It sure seems to me like it has fixed that. I haven't heard any of that since upgrading, and I definitely heard it before. I'd like to give it more time and hear what others have to say, but from what I can tell, that's fixed.
  • Reply 8 of 19
    wjmoorewjmoore Posts: 210member
    So anyone actually worked out what the On-the-Go, backlight and alarm enhancements are?

WM
  • Reply 9 of 19
    Quote:

Originally posted by O and A

aka 3g ipod

Not the 10gig however.
  • Reply 10 of 19
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    And still no "real" recording abilities.
  • Reply 11 of 19
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

And still no "real" recording abilities.

Oh yeah, you reminded me of that...

I guess we'll have to wait until iPod Software 2.1. Maybe, they'll put that in...
  • Reply 12 of 19
    akumulatorakumulator Posts: 1,111member
    Damn, 30mb download. Ughh, I need broadband. I'm such an f'n loser. I guess I'll have to wait until I go back to work Tuesday. (Monday's gonna be a sick day
  • Reply 13 of 19
    thegeldingthegelding Posts: 3,230member
    this is great...solved all the quarks i had with mine that was having me plan to send it back and get a new one...thought mine was defective...but 2.0 was the part that seems to be defective...no clicks between songs, no songs skipped, faster moving through the menu and faster to change from locked to unlocked...battery life is longer...all in all, i am a happy boy

g
  • Reply 14 of 19
    I am confused, do they mean this update is for all 3 generation iPods including the 10gig(I use the cord to connect) or just the ones that are using the actual dock to connect to their mac.
  • Reply 15 of 19
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    There's no reason why it wouldn't work with the 10g ipod. It's the same iPod (firmware), it just doesn't come with the dock.
  • Reply 16 of 19
    My new 10 g version updated fine. Once the file was downloaded, I had to mount my iPod, then start-up the installer. Haven't listened to it yet, but I'm happy to read it's fixed the click/pause between tracks for others.
  • Reply 17 of 19
    thegeldingthegelding Posts: 3,230member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mac Man 020581

I am confused, do they mean this update is for all 3 generation iPods including the 10gig(I use the cord to connect) or just the ones that are using the actual dock to connect to their mac.

yes, this will work on all 3G iPods and i recommend everyone update ASAP

g
  • Reply 18 of 19
    That is a great update. Everything seems much smoother, I am charging the battery right now and am interested to see the improved battery life. What was the backlight fix?
  • Reply 19 of 19
    nx7oenx7oe Posts: 198member
    does it put the sleep timer back on?