Who here is a big WRC fan?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I have not seen it discussed here. SO any europeans watch it? I just saw the american coverage of round 7 of the world rally championship solberg was great and panizzi may become great at non tarmac rallies.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    dnisbetdnisbet Posts: 201member
    Quote:

Originally posted by xterra48

I have not seen it discussed here. SO any europeans watch it? I just saw the american coverage of round 7 of the world rally championship solberg was great and panizzi may become great at non tarmac rallies.

Yes yes! I am a big WRC fan. Yeah the cyprus rally was great to watch, nice was nice to see Petter get his second win. Something went majorly wrong with the Peugeots!

Panizi may become great, but not the greatest I think. There are others better than him on the non-tarmac surfaces but I admit he's the best on tarmac. I think his drive in cyprus was largely due to the mechanical problems with other teams, where did he finish in cyprus I didn't see his final result, he's not in the top 8 did he retire?

WRC is popular enough here in the UK to have a decent program on Channel 4, although it's not a very high priority and gets shoved around a bit in the schedules. The UK has some decent drivers as well!

WRC is definately not as popular as F1 here which is a shame because I think F1 is a bit boring compared to WRC, plus as the cars look similar to the road versions you can imagine yourself in one much easier. Also, I think that you have be a better driver in WRC
  • Reply 2 of 3
    xterra48xterra48 Posts: 169member
    Quote:

The UK has some decent drivers as well

I always wish I could say the same myself. I cant wate till the end of the year with skoda with the fabia back in the game and so many drivers up for grabs.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    I like GT a lot, and WRC isn't too much of a stretch from that.