Lewis Black

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Does anybody like his comedy? I've only seen him on the Daily Show so I don't know how good his stand up is but I manged to score a couple of tickets to a show on Sunday just wanted to see what you all thought of him.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    ringoringo Posts: 329member
    Ah man, he's great. I've seen a couple of his TV specials. That man sure is good at being angry. The way he shakes his arm and turns red, it's great. Congrats on the tickets. Can I come?
  • Reply 2 of 12
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Argento

Does anybody like his comedy? I've only seen him on the Daily Show so I don't know how good his stand up is but I manged to score a couple of tickets to a show on Sunday just wanted to see what you all thought of him.

If it weren't for my horse, I wouldn't have made it through that year in college.
  • Reply 3 of 12
    argentoargento Posts: 483member
    Hahahaha, sounds good. Yeah well if you can haul your ass to Minnesota and are way cooler then my girlfriend the yeah go for it. If not she gets the ticket.
  • Reply 4 of 12
    billybobskybillybobsky Posts: 1,914member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BR

If it weren't for my horse, I wouldn't have made it through that year in college.

my brain my brain!
  • Reply 5 of 12
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    Quote:

Hahahaha, sounds good. Yeah well if you can haul your ass to Minnesota and are way cooler then my girlfriend the yeah go for it. If not she gets the ticket.

so what time are we leaving then?
  • Reply 6 of 12
    mrmistermrmister Posts: 1,095member
    He's a great guy, both onstage and in real life. Wonderful comedian and commentator--a prince among men.
  • Reply 7 of 12
    argentoargento Posts: 483member
    Quote:

Originally posted by alcimedes

so what time are we leaving then?

Well I can buy you a ticket if you want, but you still dont' get her spot........loop hole finding smart ass
  • Reply 8 of 12
    thuh freakthuh freak Posts: 2,664member
    lewis black is very funny. he did a thing on comcen (a new one i think) last friday, and i thought it was quite good. i like the part he did, in one of his older acts, about a rental car (a plymouth horizon). the rental car was stolen. the cops said, "somebody must've taken it for a joyride." he said, "excuse me. i dont think you understand. it was a plymouth horizon. the car is not a joy to ride." there is a lot more to that joke, and it is all funny (though may not seem it in my textual representation). he puts a very strongly felt anger and frustration into his act, and it really adds to everyhting he does. the bits on tdsw/js aren't enough to really behold his talent.
  • Reply 9 of 12
    naderfannaderfan Posts: 156member
    "Jesse Ventura is basically proof that the people of Minnesota are not social drinkers." Ah, this show should be fun!
  • Reply 10 of 12
    screedscreed Posts: 1,077member
    I have both of his CDs: Link and Link

I was caught off guard (for a moment) by his more "mature" language, which was natural since I had only seen him from Comedy Central. Hell he even has a routine about it.

Quote:

"Some of might have noticed I use the word 'f*ck' a lot but I don't give a sh!t."

But then again I listen to Bill Hicks so I'm not exactly embarrassed about it.

Screed
  • Reply 11 of 12
    thuh freakthuh freak Posts: 2,664member
    Quote:

Originally posted by sCreeD

But then again I listen to Bill Hicks so I'm not exactly embarrassed about it.

trio did a hour and half about Hicks and comedy-censorship. not so much on displaying his jokes as it is about networks censoring his act, but it was pretty interesting.
  • Reply 12 of 12
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    Bill Hicks: A true American hero