Which is best for Gaming? SP or DP?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Hi all, 1st post wooooooo! I'm a long time reader of the forums and finally had something that just might be worth posting.

I'm planning on buying a new G5. I have enough to get a top of the line 2.0 DP, but it would be a bit more affordable to go to a 1.8 SP.

Before you reach a decision I would like to add that I am a heavy gamer. And don't go telling me to get a PC because I also am learning stuff like Photoshop, Illistrator, and 3D apps.

Right now its either a 1.8 on steroids or a slightly downgraded 2.0 DP.

P.S. Apple should have been less of a bitch and made a 2.0 SP aswell

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    johnhenryjohnhenry Posts: 152member
    In the end, the graphics card will make a bigger difference than dp vs sp. So if you are asking whether to get the sp with the top radeon or the dp with the 5200, go with the sp.

Also, as a "heavy" gamer myself, the mac is a dissapointing game platform. The user base is not there so I don't blame game dev's, but I really wished I could drop the PC and be 100% mac.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    gargoylegargoyle Posts: 660member
    It has always been my philosphy to get the VERY BEST you can afford at the time.

No matter what you do with the computer, you always seem to outgrow it sooner or later... buying a better system now might mean it lasts another 6 months before you replace it.

Besites, the Dual kicks but.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    bodhibodhi Posts: 1,424member
    Purchasing Advice --------> General Discussion