Some PowerBook buying advice please!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I'm about to embark on going to unniversity to study Computer Science and I want a faitly powerful laptop that will last me through most of the course. I've got about £1400 to spend and i'm wondering whether I should just go for the 12" PowerBook now while the price is good and have a bit extra money to spend on memory, a monitor perhaps, and let's face it beer. Or should I hold out for a little while, spend a little more and buy an updated PowerBook when it comes. I've got until the end of August before I really should have bought the laptop.

Basically i'm looking for people to tell me that the 12" is a great machine or whether or not they've had major problems with it

Thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    serranoserrano Posts: 1,806member
    People love the 12. But obviously you should wait for the G5 unless you absolutely need it now, or can only afford it now. The G5 will see a price increase over the current 15, especially with the larger lcd it's rumored to have. If you can't afford it now, you won't be able to afford it then. I wouldn't mind picking up a 12 tricked out and an iSight.