PowerBooks and Airport Extreme

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
If I was to buy a PowerBook and ordered it with Airport extreme would it come pre-installed in the machine or would I have to do it myself?

If so what do I need to do, I imagine it's pretty easy.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Quote:

Originally posted by dnisbet

If I was to buy a PowerBook and ordered it with Airport extreme would it come pre-installed in the machine or would I have to do it myself?

If so what do I need to do, I imagine it's pretty easy.

I bought a PowerBook 12" in April and my Airport Extreme card was already installed, as was the maxed out RAM and disk.

However a few years ago when I bought my wifes clamshell iBook the card was not installed, and came seperately. It could be a change for the Extreme cards.

Hope this helps.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    dnisbetdnisbet Posts: 201member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Bygimis Turug VIII

I bought a PowerBook 12" in April and my Airport Extreme card was already installed, as was the maxed out RAM and disk.

However a few years ago when I bought my wifes clamshell iBook the card was not installed, and came seperately. It could be a change for the Extreme cards.

Hope this helps.

I was wondering, does it make a difference if I make the order for Airport at the same time as the PowerBook ie in the options after you select it on the AppleStore online or I order it seperately.

I expect that i'm more likely to recieve the PowerBook with airport installed if I order it on the options page after selecting it on the website (I hope i've made that clear and not confused anybody too much! )
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Quote:

Originally posted by dnisbet

I was wondering, does it make a difference if I make the order for Airport at the same time as the PowerBook ie in the options after you select it on the AppleStore online or I order it seperately.

I'd hope not ;-) It kind of looks the same in the shopping basket afterwards anyway. I think the new cards are preinstalled because they are more fiddly that the old onces. I'd hate to open up my PB, thats why I maxed everything out to start with...

I also got an extra power adaptor, some DVD's and an international power plug set. The extra adaptor is really handy - I hate carrying things around and so I leave one adaptor at work and one at home...

Quote:

I expect that i'm more likely to recieve the PowerBook with airport installed if I order it on the options page after selecting it on the website (I hope i've made that clear and not confused anybody too much! )