Considering Unlikely Acquisitions: Apple buys Google !

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
MSNbot is coming. it will try to worm it's way into the very heart and fabric of computer use.

they will integrate it into IE and Win Longhorn and continue to push everyone else and every other technology out of the picture.

Apple should buy Google and merge the Sherlock team into the Google company. and have the Safari integration from the ground up for Windows and Mac platform but have the whole package especially wellintegrated into OSX.

Google has over 800 staff and are privately owned. are they buyable?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    haha i love google...i dont want it 'appleized'

google is my favorite website...simple, small, but the most helpful on the entire internet
  • Reply 2 of 4
    ariari Posts: 126member
    They are probably acquirable, however, does Apple need to do this? If M$ is going to go after Google, they will need a parter and Apple can reap the benefits by filling this role without buying the company at great expense. I would only want Apple to buy Google if their future as a viable business was sound and there was a definite enrichment of the Mac user experience with the addition of Google.

It seems there are other companies which Apple should look at buying first which guarantee a strong Apple. What about Adobe?
  • Reply 3 of 4
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    There already is an Apple Google. http://www.google.com/mac
  • Reply 4 of 4
    macserverxmacserverx Posts: 217member
    The way you state it, it will never happen. If anything it would be another emagic, a wholly owned Apple subsidiary. Apple can't cut Windows support or anything, it would really only benefit as an additional profit area. Google search syntax and results are relatively easy to parse (Google is an engineering marvel, Keep It Simple Stupid) Finder integration or anything else wouldn't be that difficult for anyone to accomplish. Also it might just piss off M$ more hastening the end to Office, possibly before Apple is ready.