Check out these snazzy LCDs!

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Just saw them at macminute.com

Great looking stuff...AND, for all those who got all technical and went into "doubting Thomas" overdrive over not being able to mount some of the larger Apple flat panels on a cool, adjustable arm a la the G4 iMac, check out some of their solutions:

http://www.eyegonomic.com/

Impressive. This is what Apple should be doing with any that they happen to unveil to match the G5.

Check out the gallery and imagine those sitting next to your new G5!

8)

And (back again) DEFINITELY check out the "ergonomic" section to view the little Flash line drawings of how these things tilt, lower, raise, pivot, etc.

I think I'm more impressed by what I've seen from these guys than anything I've seen in at least a year! VERY good work!

I don't see a U.S. reseller listed, however.

I'd get one of those to go with my PowerBook in a heartbeat!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 17
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    BTW, what a handsome, nice-to-visit website they have!

Very nice!
  • Reply 2 of 17
    Yeah - And its even in danish..
  • Reply 3 of 17
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member
    But wait... where do they fit in the gyroscopes!?

• Reply 4 of 17
    der kopfder kopf Posts: 2,275member
    You finally went for the powerbook, pscates? [don't get me wrong, I remember plenty of threads with you in doubt, and I wouldn't mind "a little closure"]

• Reply 5 of 17
    I'm GOING for the PowerBook, but - as you can tell by my sig - it ain't here yet.

YOU want closure?!? Feel my pain, slick! The one thing I finally decide on...and it doesn't exist yet. Jeez.

Don't worry...when I get it, you - and everyone else here - are gonna know about it.

• Reply 6 of 17
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Hey, I just got some closure Paul. Picked up my new 900MHz 12.1" iBook tonight.

Dead pixel.

Dead trackpad.

Completely, utterly dead trackpad, and the clicker is toast too.

Guess where I'm going tomorrow night?

Wonder what I should buy next week!

• Reply 7 of 17
    A question for you, murbot (briefly off topic, then I want to get back to cooing over these displays): what sort of apps do you use? Are you pretty much a surf/e-mail only kinda guy?

Because in just the three Macs I've owned in my life, I absolutely hate and dread the whole "install everything, configure all my settings, set my screen and system prefs, networking, online info, etc.".

Swapping computers out weekly, as you seem to do ( ), that would absolutely drive me to the brink of insanity.

Do you have to devote half a day to making each of these Macs "yours", or are you pretty well served by the standard stuff that comes on all Macs (Mail, Safari, the iApps, etc.), and you're pretty much up and running immediately?

I've always wondered about this...

• Reply 8 of 17
    satchmosatchmo Posts: 2,699member
    Quote:

Originally posted by pscates

Just saw them at macminute.com

AND, for all those who got all technical and went into "doubting Thomas" overdrive over not being able to mount some of the larger Apple flat panels on a cool, adjustable arm a la the G4 iMac, check out some of their solutions:

That'd be me!

And I still doubt it can be done. If you look closely, it appears the largest display with an adjustable arm is...get ready...17inches!

The 19, and 24 inch version do not float using an arm but instead are supported by either a back leg (like the Apple displays) or sliding track.

Nothing as elegant as my FP iMac.

Hey, I'd love to see a 19" floating screen as much as you...but it ain't here yet.
  • Reply 9 of 17
    qaziiqazii Posts: 305member
    Anyone have any idea about the price?
  • Reply 10 of 17
    Quote:

Originally posted by satchmo

That'd be me!

And I still doubt it can be done. If you look closely, it appears the largest display with an adjustable arm is...get ready...17inches!

The 19, and 24 inch version do not float using an arm but instead are supported by either a back leg (like the Apple displays) or sliding track.

Nothing as elegant as my FP iMac.

Hey, I'd love to see a 19" floating screen as much as you...but it ain't here yet.

Did you check out the three-way range of motion/adjustment of that sliding track? Pretty darn flexible, if you ask me!

Yeah, certainly not as "move-alicious" as the LCD iMac (hell, what is?), but you get up/down, back/forth and a pretty ferocious tilt/slide distance. I could deal with that!

From what I gather from the site, all of those mounts/tracks are available for each display. Perhaps for the larger (22" and 24") models, you could use one of their heavier-duty hardware solutions (wall or bracket mounting).

Did you click all the way through the site? There's an entire section on mounting solutions/products they carry to work with each of their displays.
  • Reply 11 of 17
    reactorreactor Posts: 27member
    Quote:

Originally posted by qazII

Anyone have any idea about the price?

Quote:

Originally posted in the KEPTech.net forum

Eyegonomic were founded in 2000 developing flat-panel displays ranging from 5 to 42 inches using the highest quality parts. The T17 is manufactured from 4.4kg of pure aluminum and uses the highest quality panel available from Samsung.

The monitor packs a price of £1159 ?Why the cost?? Well, there is a simple explanation for that and it?s not the cost of the materials. The simple fact is that every one of these monitors are built entirely by hand to order.

The client?s name is on the monitor from start to finish. In the process, you have the option to customize your monitor. Different colour options are available and they will engrave your personal or company logo into the casing.

Very goodlooking these displays are, but also a bit expansive.

According to their manuals it's possible to mount all displays on any stand of choice "to meet all requirements".
  • Reply 12 of 17
    What does £1159 equal in American money then? I have no idea.

I wish three things:

1. They're not TOO expensive...sigh

2. They have some sort of U.S. outlet or distributor (if #1 is correct), and...

3. They do a cool 17" widescreen model - at 1440x900 - with the x series tilt/raise/swivel base.

THAT would something to hook a PowerBook to while at home. Not really crazy about 1280x1024...and I'm certainly pretty tired of 1024x768.

• Reply 13 of 17
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    Any of the displays could go on a floating arm, it's just a question of how much counterweight/tension are you going to build into the arm and how heazy/wide does the base need to be. As displays get bigger, there's less need of course, especially with a good viewing angle and even brightness, but it's possible. Far heavier items than 24" LCD panels ahev been mounted on adjustable arms before.

Another cool trick of those monitor is rotating portrait/lanscape mode on some of the models. I think that would be something especially useful for graphic designers, people working ona poster, for example, or a very high resolution edit of a page layout for a magazine cover, for another.
  • Reply 14 of 17
    qaziiqazii Posts: 305member
    Quote:

Originally posted by pscates

What does £1159 equal in American money then? I have no idea.

$1916. This is a 17" monitor for almost as much as a Cinema HD. Ouch.
  • Reply 15 of 17
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    I saw these Screens and they are ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!!

the 24" version coupled with the G5!!!!

They seem to be made for each other . . .

The elegant design puts the G5 into a context and makes the design concept clear . . . . for those who couldn't see it (Clive etc) now they can understand the whole Danish Design underpinning to the G5.

I want to win the lottery!! I want I want I want!!!
  • Reply 16 of 17
    Yeah, that's what I was thinking, pfflam. It's almost like Apple secretly worked with these guys, going "okay, we'll handle the tower...here's the photos of what it's gonna look like. You guys make a nice, matching display for it...and while you're at it, add some mobility!"

Definitely the nicest monitors and designs I've ever seen.

But, yeah...expensive. Winning the lottery will be about my only chance of getting on as well.

• Reply 17 of 17
    i, fredi, fred Posts: 125member
    Does OS X support landscape/portrait rotation???