Check your shipping status!

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Hi all,

Just noticed something of interest on my Powermac G5 order. I ordered the 2 Ghz Dual within 10 minutes of the end of the Keynote. Already figuring that I had spent enough, I left shipping as standard UPS ground. Even on my purchase confirmation, it reads "Your chosen shipping method is standard shipping."

Imagine my surprise today when I wen to look at my order status and the shipping has changed to "Priority overnight!"

Anyone else experience this change? Perhaps a bonus for early adopters?

I can't wait to get my baby.

Iamlindoro

Soon to be Owner of a PM G5 Dual 2 Ghz, 500 GB of Storage, and 4 GB of RAM.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    piwozniakpiwozniak Posts: 815member
    Quote:

Originally posted by iamlindoro

Hi all,

Just noticed something of interest on my Powermac G5 order. I ordered the 2 Ghz Dual within 10 minutes of the end of the Keynote. Already figuring that I had spent enough, I left shipping as standard UPS ground. Even on my purchase confirmation, it reads "Your chosen shipping method is standard shipping."

Imagine my surprise today when I wen to look at my order status and the shipping has changed to "Priority overnight!"

Anyone else experience this change? Perhaps a bonus for early adopters?

I can't wait to get my baby.

Iamlindoro

Soon to be Owner of a PM G5 Dual 2 Ghz, 500 GB of Storage, and 4 GB of RAM.

...you lucky bastard!
  • Reply 2 of 12
    tuttletuttle Posts: 301member
    I'm pretty sure I picked second day ground. My iPod, which was part of the same order, arrived yesterday after two days with Fedex.

However, my dual G5 now says priority overnight. Nice.
  • Reply 3 of 12
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    heh overnight.

So it'll get to you September 9 instead of September 8.

• Reply 4 of 12
    alexanderalexander Posts: 206member
    Yup, my G5 dualie ordered with ground also shows Overnight. (or rather, "Overnite" -- does this mean they don't have to deliver overnight? )

Brand spankin-new iPods and PowerBooks are shipped FedEx International Direct Distribution from Taiwan, regardless of chosen shipping method.

PowerMacs, displays, and other various stocked items are shipped from near Sacramento, CA. Ground shipping from Sac to the SF Bay Area IS overnight, so if you live in the region, you shouldn't ever pick anything other than ground for Apple Store shipping.

Just some tips.
  • Reply 5 of 12
    qaziiqazii Posts: 305member
    "Priority Overnite[sic]" for my dual too. Can someone who did not order a dual check?
  • Reply 6 of 12
    gigawiregigawire Posts: 196member
    not only are they priority overnight, but they are also saturday delivery if necessary.
  • Reply 7 of 12
    russsrusss Posts: 115member
    Apple always does this. They did it with the iPod I ordered last month and one or two versions of OS X that I ordered from them. In every case I chose ground shipping and every time they upgraded me to Priority Overnight with Saturday delivery.

This is just one more of the little things that Apple does for it's customers that goes unmentioned for the most part, but is very much appreciated.
  • Reply 8 of 12
    gigawiregigawire Posts: 196member
    But the best thing is that they do it with products they plan on either shipping on or before the time specified. Others, like the 17" Pb, require a phone call to get it.
  • Reply 9 of 12
    qaziiqazii Posts: 305member
    Check you shipping status again, everyone. Mine is now "Bestway."
  • Reply 10 of 12
    malokatamalokata Posts: 197member
    A friend of mine ordered a Belkin Tunecaster from the Apple store at 3 PM, standard shipping, two days ago. Yesterday it was there when she woke up (around 11). I'll take 20-hour shipping anytime.
  • Reply 11 of 12
    tjosaltjosal Posts: 32member
    Just checked my order status again:

Shipping Method

2 Day

I ordered as soon as the Apple Store came back on-line after the keynote (but then I ordered a "lowly" 1.6G box...)
  • Reply 12 of 12
    mggmgg Posts: 124member
    I haven't noticed any changes on mine. Must be because you ordered it so early.