What happened to blogger.com?

rokrok
Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
geez, i thought merging with pyra would be a good thing, but i just went back to blogger, and their "redesign" has locked out just about everything from the free service. i suppose i could plunk down the US$15 annual, but it still doesn't allow me to use my own ftp/website.

anyone else feel like the internet has started to "nickel & dime" us all to death???

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    jlljll Posts: 2,713member
    Quote:

Originally posted by rok

geez, i thought merging with pyra would be a good thing, but i just went back to blogger, and their "redesign" has locked out just about everything from the free service. i suppose i could plunk down the US$15 annual, but it still doesn't allow me to use my own ftp/website.

anyone else feel like the internet has started to "nickel & dime" us all to death???

Huh? I'm using blogger to post to my own website.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    Quote:

Originally posted by JLL

Huh? I'm using blogger to post to my own website.

hmmm, you know what, i think i may have goofed here. i was trying to use the "blog-spot" portion of blogger, thinking that they were one and the same. however, blog-spot is actually a combo of blogger AND web hosting for the blogs (if you don't already have a website), which would explain the additional fees attached.

*rok sulks down walk of shame for useless thread...*