AirPort 3.1

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I Installed the new software update on my 450 G4 running OS X Server 10.2.6, and it totally f'ed up my computer... can't get my machine to detect the Base Station that it's plugged into via the LAN port (it was working fine before the update)... so now do I not have internet access on the machine, but its acting funny (the network system pref pane specifically). It lists IP, Subnet, Router and Client ID all as 255.255.255.255. I removed as much of 3.1 as I could and installed 3.0.4 and nothing, still the same problem. The base station is fine though I'm using it right now wirelessly with my iBook. What should i do!?!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    cdong4cdong4 Posts: 194member
    I think the installer really prefers having an AirPort card in the machine its being installed on... I plopped in my AirPort card from my iBook into the G4 and ran the 3.1 Installer, everything is cool now...

Thanks for the help everyone !!!
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Quote:

Originally posted by CDonG4

I Installed the new software update on my 450 G4 running OS X Server 10.2.6, and it totally f'ed up my computer... can't get my machine to detect the Base Station that it's plugged into via the LAN port (it was working fine before the update)... so now do I not have internet access on the machine, but its acting funny (the network system pref pane specifically). It lists IP, Subnet, Router and Client ID all as 255.255.255.255. I removed as much of 3.1 as I could and installed 3.0.4 and nothing, still the same problem. The base station is fine though I'm using it right now wirelessly with my iBook. What should i do!?!

I ended up spending over 2 hours on Apple support in Cupertino and they still had no idea why this happened. I ended up reinstalling my OS twice. Very frustrating that you can't do an easy uninstall when there are problems like this.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    cdong4cdong4 Posts: 194member
    hey man, sorry you went through all this trouble...

all along I thought to myself as well "why the fick doesn't apple have an uninstall option?"

bah!!!