Why does Dreamweaver crash?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I'm using Dreamweaver 6.1 for Mac OS X for commercial development. It crashes like 5 or 6 times a day! Mostly when I'm doing a ton of dynamic stuff with PHP and MySQL.

I'm running 10.2.6 on an iBook 500 w/ 640 RAM- its getting really annoying and I was wondering what I could do to fix it.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    macusersmacusers Posts: 840member
    Quote:

Originally posted by tacojohn

I'm using Dreamweaver 6.1 for Mac OS X for commercial development. It crashes like 5 or 6 times a day! Mostly when I'm doing a ton of dynamic stuff with PHP and MySQL.

I'm running 10.2.6 on an iBook 500 w/ 640 RAM- its getting really annoying and I was wondering what I could do to fix it.

happens all the time on my Windows computer but never on my Mac. The error message is funny though it is like: Dreamweaver has encountered a (some big word i have never heard before, i forgot what it was) and will now terminate.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    tacojohntacojohn Posts: 980member
    I'm wondering if its because I haven't done a clean install of jag in a long time- I'm trying to hold out until panther for a clean install.

You know- it takes a while to get your computer the way you like it- then if you reinstall all the hacks and stuff are gone. Actually- I only have a few custom icons and my transparent dock.

God- I want a new G5 sooooooooooooooooooo bad, but I can't afford one for now- and I don't see a point when I'm going to be able to

Maybe I'll say, "I'll hold off until a powerbook G5" but I've never had a desktop before and I want some serious speed and a huge screen.

Right now I'm a student so I can get the developer discount- which totals out at about $3700 for the system I want.

Dual 2 GHz

512 ram

160 HD

bluetooth

20"