Tolerance level lowered?

Posted:
in Feedback edited January 2014
It might just be me but I have noticed some surprising bans here lately. Surprising because I haven´t notised the persons doing anything extraordinare but something could have gone under my radar.

I wont ask the specific reason why the people were banned but if its a result of stricter "enforcement" of the rules or specific occations that resulted in the bans?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    ghost_user_nameghost_user_name Posts: 22,667member
    Same rules apply.

It's just that certain people are getting a little out of hand lately. They're probably just a little too anxious from the recent news of things like the G5, Panther, etc. and forget to bide by the rules of the forum.

For example, take the subject of piracy. If someone asked repeatedly in different places for, say, a pirated copy of Adobe Photoshop a year ago, that person would have received a temporary ban. The same thing applies to other software such as Panther. Furthermore, if someone posts direct links or sources for pirating software, that person will receive a warning followed immediately by a ban if the behavior isn't reversed immediately.

You probably don't notice the inflammatory actions yourself because such material is removed at the moderators' and administrators' discretion.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Thanks for the info. I guess it just went under my radar then
  • Reply 3 of 3
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Brad

For example, take the subject of piracy. If someone asked repeatedly in different places for, say, a pirated copy of Adobe Photoshop a year ago, that person would have received a temporary ban. The same thing applies to other software such as Panther. Furthermore, if someone posts direct links or sources for pirating software, that person will receive a warning followed immediately by a ban if the behavior isn't reversed

Brad,

I would have thought people would have had more common sense.

If people are dumb enough to ask for pirated software / links they should be banned.

Nevertheless for those whose " common sense " is bent slightly out of kilter, it might be a good idea to make the issue of "piracy software etc " really clear in the posting guidelines.

cheers.

Aqua.