Casady & Greene says goodnight

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I just read an email from C&G announcing that they will be closing shop for good on July 3rd. Slashdot has the story too.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    macusersmacusers Posts: 840member
    yes, there was a short discussion about it in the Where Did The iTunes Interface Originate? Thread, pretty sad, they were around since 1984 and had a great user group program, i got a email from their president 2 days ago about this.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,423member
    I think they got lost in the transition to OSX. Conflict Catcher was a big seller on OS8&9 but OSX pretty much left that product. They never did find another big seller. I'm sorry to see them go.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    fred_ljfred_lj Posts: 607member
    They will be missed by me not for their problematic "conflict catcher" (which really became unnecessary with OS X and was honestly unnecessary with OS 9 if you had any informed clue of what you were putting and keeping on your computer; then again, I guess it was good for some people in terms of troubleshooting bothersome extensions and the related nightmares accompany therewith), but rather for Glider. That game kicked serious butt back when I played it on our Mac Classic in all it's gray-shaded glory.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    RIP

• Reply 5 of 6
    majormattmajormatt Posts: 1,077member
    "Do not go gently into the night - fight against the dying of the light"
  • Reply 6 of 6
    flounderflounder Posts: 2,674member
    Crystal quest / Crystal crazy were great games