Do I have to change my iTunes library?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I sold my G4 Powermac in anticipation of the G5.

I'm at my inlaws now & they have an iMac, so I purchased some songs from the iTunes Music Store on the iMac and connected my iPod.

I get a screen that asks me if I want to change my iTunes music library to the one on the iMac, and that all songs already on my iPod will be replaced.. Well I don't, but when I click no nothing happens.

Can't I manually upload songs to my iPod from another iTunes library without deleting the songs I already have on my iPod?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    noleli2noleli2 Posts: 129member
    No, you can't manually manage songs from different iTunes libraries. This is part of Apple's "Don't Steal Music" policy. Your best bet for getting the songs you bought on your inlaws computer is to mount the iPod as a firewire drive, put the .AAC files directly on the iPod, and when you get your own machine put those files on your hard-drive and add them to your iTunes library.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    uhhh dude, don't forget to de-authorize the iMac before you leave or you may end up with some inadvertent songs that your in-laws buy without you (or them) realizing...

also you only can authorize 3 macs, so be careful that you don't end up selling your G4 before you de-authorize it...