adobe reader 6 trouble

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I recently downloaded Adobe Reader 6 (formerly Acrobat Reader) just to stay current. First of all, when trying to preview a printed sheet, Reader 6 somehow set itself as default (why? how?). Secondly (worst of all) I have had problems printing to my Epson 740. The printer comes up with connection errors until I restart. If I try printing again with something other than Adobe Reader, it works just fine.

The point is, how do I remove Reader as my default preview (and PDF viewer) and set it back to Preview)?

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    mcqmcq Posts: 1,543member
    If Adobe Reader is the default on any pdf you open, then select a PDF file on your comp, choose "get info" and then under the "open with" section, change the app to Preview and click on "set as default" or whatever button is there.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    jcat22jcat22 Posts: 17member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MCQ

If Adobe Reader is the default on any pdf you open, then select a PDF file on your comp, choose "get info" and then under the "open with" section, change the app to Preview and click on "set as default" or whatever button is there.

Thank you. Worked like a charm. I feel stupid about the simple solution but that's what the genius bar is all about. Thank you.