iChat can't talk to AOL users?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Anybody else notice that they can't see their friends who use AOL anymore in their buddy list? Even when I type in their screen names they don't come up, and the IM's don't get to them either....

Weird.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    well I have been having problems with iChat in general lately... I just think that the beta is acting up... I can (usually) talk to aol users fine...

of course right now iChat refuses to open for me so I can't check it (I'm too lazy to restart... maybe tomorrow...) but its been shaky for me lately... are you running the AV beta?
  • Reply 2 of 5
    drewpropsdrewprops Posts: 2,321member
    yep. They must be tinkering...
  • Reply 3 of 5
    make sure that their SN didn't go in as a *@mac.com...I had it do that to me...couldn't figure out why I couldn't see one of my friends
  • Reply 4 of 5
    bondgirlbondgirl Posts: 13member
    Quote:

Originally posted by drewprops

Anybody else notice that they can't see their friends who use AOL anymore in their buddy list? Even when I type in their screen names they don't come up, and the IM's don't get to them either....

Weird.

All my buddies are on AOL and I see/chat with them just fine, no probs yesterday or today. iChat AV on 10.2.6.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by bondgirl

All my buddies are on AOL and I see/chat with them just fine, no probs yesterday or today. iChat AV on 10.2.6.

yeah...what she said too