NoteTaker2003 - Your thoughts and ideas

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Was curious if anyone is using this software and what you think of the software, with any ideas on how you use it. Thanks......

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    bondgirlbondgirl Posts: 13member
    Quote:

Originally posted by jeagen

Was curious if anyone is using this software and what you think of the software, with any ideas on how you use it. Thanks......

I use Notetaker on my second computer, a 500mhz ibook, that I take to grad school. It's my digital equivalent of a three ring binder, taking lecture notes in it for five classes, so I only need to carry a thin folder for holding class handouts and some paper for stats notes (I can't type statistical notation fast enough, still have to long hand for that class). I have a Notetaker notebook for each semester, and a tab in Notetaker for each class's notes, and then a section for holding clippings related to my dissertation ideas and interests that I pull off the web and little thoughts I have. It's nice cause i can print someone a copy of my class notes if I want, and I have the tabs color coded to match my iCalendars for each class to keep track of my assignments and notes. I archive the notebooks from each semester so that if I need the notes for comp exams I can get them easily. (I am getting a doctorate in psychology)...

A little pricey, I thought at first, but I do use it alot. I think there's an edu price, although there wasn't when I bought it, and I recently saw a boxed version in the Apple store when I was there. Some things about it bother me, like the forced outlining when you type, (I wish it was more free form) but I deal. Mostly a good little program.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    wow, sounds like a good program... how does it compare to omnioutliner? http://www.omnigroup.com/products/omnioutliner/

have a link?
  • Reply 3 of 5
    bondgirlbondgirl Posts: 13member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Paul

wow, sounds like a good program... how does it compare to omnioutliner? http://www.omnigroup.com/products/omnioutliner/

have a link?

http://www.aquaminds.com/index.jsp

I have never used omnioutliner, so I don't know. I chose Notetaker cause it looks like a physical notebook, which was appealing to me, a visual-type person...
  • Reply 4 of 5
    jeagenjeagen Posts: 31member
    BondGirl,

Thanks for your input - I really liked your ideas on using it for college (I'm attending college once again). Would be interested if anyone is using this for work related projects as well. Thanks..................
  • Reply 5 of 5
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    Quote:

Originally posted by jeagen

BondGirl,

Thanks for your input - I really liked your ideas on using it for college (I'm attending college once again). Would be interested if anyone is using this for work related projects as well. Thanks..................

Me as well. The Education price is $39 so I won't hesitate to give it a try. Notetaking has always been my weakness. Bond Girl sounds like she has the Process down pat. Anyone ever recorded lectures at School? I don't mind transcribing lectures to something like Notetaker. I'm concerned with getting all the info given into one central repository.