external hard drive and Jaguar

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I have a strange problem with an external USB hard drive. I have two macs my rev c lime green iMac is running 9.2.2 and 10.1.5 it sees my external drive with no problem in either OS. My G4 400 PB is running 9.2.2 and 10.2.6. The drive is recognized in OS 9 and not in OS 10. I have talked to Apple and they said the drive had to be a slave drive. So I maid the change and It works in all the other places and not in Jaguar. System profiler recognizes that it is attached but does not recognize that the drive has a volume. I have tried reformatting the drive in 9 and 10.1 and 10.2. The later doesn't see the drive to Format. This USB 2.0 harddrive is a kit from CompUSA you add your own drive. The drive is the original Quantum Fireball that came out of my iMac. I have called CompUSA tech support and a supervisor had to talk the tech through the basics that my 10 year old does in his sleep. I am at a loss as to the problem.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    oldmacfanoldmacfan Posts: 501member
    Please, please some one one give me a hint.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    oldmacfanoldmacfan Posts: 501member
    I can't believe it. CompUSA actually admitted they were out of their legue when it came to my problem and have actually referred me to the people who import the drive for them. I am awaiting a call with bated breth at this point.

more to come.