Mount THIS, FAT32 FW

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
took apart my pc and sold it for parts. kept one hd, western digital 60GB since it had a lot of my music on it. Set the jumpers to master and put it in my firewire enclosure. I can hear the drive spin up but osx won't mount it... any suggestions?

tia

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    oldmacfanoldmacfan Posts: 501member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Dark Seraph

took apart my pc and sold it for parts. kept one hd, western digital 60GB since it had a lot of my music on it. Set the jumpers to master and put it in my firewire enclosure. I can hear the drive spin up but osx won't mount it... any suggestions?

tia

Is it Jaguar edition.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    running fully updated version of jaguar on a dual 500...
  • Reply 3 of 6
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    Could you boot in OS9? (I forget which computers don't boot OS9 but I just woke up and my "thinker machine" is not working at 100%) My laptop mounts FAT32, DOS, and NTFS disks.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by Dark Seraph

running fully updated version of jaguar on a dual 500...

since that machine allows you to boot to OS 9 you should see if the drive shows up their. Then check system profiler in both to see what it says is attached.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ebby

Could you boot in OS9? (I forget which computers don't boot OS9 but I just woke up and my "thinker machine" is not working at 100%) My laptop mounts FAT32, DOS, and NTFS disks.

which laptop do you have?
  • Reply 6 of 6
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    Powerbook G3 Firewire (Pismo) Plug it in before boot-up and it just works. No questions asked.