Animals in Iran Beat woman to Brain Dead State..

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 28
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    Thanks Segovius / Zaphod:

It almost sounds like "Arab" could be construed as a political thing, not a cultural one -- especially as far as the Arab League. But this link has some excellent background information. It seems to make it pretty clear (though not explicit) that Islam is the predominant Arab religion, just based on how it is written / how it refers to Allah, etc.

In the end we all bleed red I guess; I was just wondering if there was a better way to verbally delineate which Arab countries commonly practice things like beating we're talking about, or stoning or other barbaric tendancies. I know Saudi Arabia and Iran for sure, maybe Egypt and Algeria too? Others?
  • Reply 22 of 28
    giantgiant Posts: 6,041member
    I'll remember to blame any incident in the US on Christianity.
  • Reply 23 of 28
    I'm looking at CNN right now, and I can't believe these Christians. Look:

Muhammad sniper trial moved to Virginia Beach

Marine robbed as he saves teen's life

Suit: Doc surgically inserted screwdriver in patient's spine

and let's not forget

Bizarre Game Targets Women: Hunting for Bambi

I can't believe those Christians in the US. This is just so indicative. Their flawed system is crumbling under them. The people are victims of the domination of Christianity and liberalism.

I also hear they have WMD and are fully willing to attack sovereign nations without provocation.
  • Reply 24 of 28
    fellowshipfellowship Posts: 5,038member
    Well I found out she is dead. To clear up my view. I find it sad anytime something like this happens anywhere in the world.

Fellows
  • Reply 25 of 28
    giant, I don't know if you're directing your comments at me.

If you are CTF down already. I'm not trying bad mouth all Muslims. What I'm trying to do is get the definition of what it is to be Arab, and subsequently what cross-section of Arab peoples buy into OFFICIALLY SANCTIONED stonings, beatings, etc as a means of punishing alleged photogr....I mean criminals.

Forgive me for trying to educate myself / anyone else who is interested. Clearly I should just assume religion had NOTHING to do with any of this. All just one big coincidence, like those Christians in the US...
  • Reply 26 of 28
    Quote:

Originally posted by Moogs

What I'm trying to do is get the definition of what it is to be Arab, and subsequently what cross-section of Arab peoples buy into OFFICIALLY SANCTIONED stonings, beatings, etc as a means of punishing alleged photogr....I mean criminals.

Do you even know or even have talked to anyone who has been attacked in an Arab country for political reasons? Of those I've talked to that have, not a single one is clueless enough to say it was a result of their attackers being 'arab'.

From what I gathered from this incident was that it was a group of officers/prison guards, a group of people that regularly beat people here in the US. And while the Iranian government is looking into it, I doubt they will do a worse job than the US (note any incident that happens in prisons here).

As for you term 'officially sanctioned', that's a government issue. Every continent (well, probably not antarctica) on earth has had or is having a problem with 'officially sanctioned' violence. How would it sound if you pinned every bit of african violence on the people involved being 'black' or every act of violence in europe on the fact they are 'white christians'.
  • Reply 27 of 28
    You nimrod...

...I didn't say they blugeoned her to death *because* they were Arab. Clearly you can be Arab and NOT harm anyone in your lifetime. What I am getting at is that officially sanctioned (see if you can get your head around that concept) stonings, beatings, etc. are a facet of certain Arab societies. Whether or not this one was officially sanctioned seems pretty academic to me, but even if it isn't, these stonings and such take place fairly regularly. It's not like I'm just conjuring these things up in my head.

What I want to know (just to know, not so I can then judge someone) is how popular / unpopular these kind of activities are among Arab peoples. MMM kay?

Segovius: thank you for taking the time to notice the context of my comments / actually reading them. I suppose your 500 year theory could be given some credence. 500 years ago the Catholic Church was none to forgiving of non-believers, etc. Evolution of religion...how ironic.