Problems with SanDisk PC Card Adapter

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Has anyone else that uses a SanDisk PC card CompactFlash adapter to download digital camera images to their PowerBook/iBook noticed some quirks with it? It seems to be a "gamble" for me each time I use it -- sometimes it crashes my PowerBook; other times it shows up just fine on the desktop and iPhoto proceeds to do its thing nicely. This would be extremely embarrassing if it happened in front of "PC-holics," a definite bruise in Mac OS X's reputation for stablility. And I know it's not OS X's problem, right? Say it's not so!

Somebody help, or I'll have to resort to just using my USB CF reader all the time, which isn't extremely portable in my computer bag.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    works fine with me... and btw... you can only use it with powerbooks... no iBooks allowed

happy 4000th post to me...

any hacks installed? what is your hardware?
  • Reply 2 of 3
    fred_ljfred_lj Posts: 607member
    I have a 15" PowerBook (867) with 768MB RAM and OS 10.2.6. I don't do the "hacking" thing at all, don't even have any games on this machine. Troubleshooting it some myself, it seems it likes to have no other apps open at the time.

Well, darn then.

P.S. "D'oh!" to the iBooks I forgot had no PC card slot; heh, that would be a bit limiting sometimes.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    fred_ljfred_lj Posts: 607member
    Ok...this is REALLY embarrassing.

It turns out the times I thought it was "freezing" that I just wasn't waiting long enough for the card to register with the system and appear on the desktop.

I guess the lag times varies based on how busy the system is, etc.

But it works, nonetheless, just wish it were instant all the time.