How to use the missing WoMD in the presidental campaign

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Yes its cruel but we know it will be used as an argument against Bush by the democrats. Thats how politics is </BR+Groverat>

So how should they approach it? I think the best way to use it would be to say "If you take responsibility for the bad intelligence now you will not hear about it for the rest of the campaign". Its honest and it would put all the pressure on Bush.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    etharethar Posts: 111member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Anders

Yes its cruel but we know it will be used as an argument against Bush by the democrats. Thats how politics is </BR+Groverat>

So how should they approach it? I think the best way to use it would be to say "If you take responsibility for the bad intelligence now you will not hear about it for the rest of the campaign". Its honest and it would put all the pressure on Bush.

...what? Who cares?
  • Reply 2 of 10
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ethar

...what? Who cares?

• Reply 3 of 10
    ~ufo~~ufo~ Posts: 245member
    A. For the love of sanity: what has this to do with future apple hardware?

B. For the love of money: the americans were silly enough to ellect a nitwit with an IQ that roughly equals his shoe size (ok ok, europeans size I'll give him that)

let the americans deal with the dude before he pisses EVERYONE off and singlehandedly starts another world war (WHICH WOULD BE UNCOOL FOR THOSE WHO HAVEN'T FIGURED THAT ONE OUT)

C. For the love of dogs: move to general discussion or to a politics board

D. For the love of me: correct me if I'm wrong
  • Reply 4 of 10
    macmikemacmike Posts: 96member
    And this relates to future Apple hardware how?

Shut this one down...
  • Reply 5 of 10
    halodehalode Posts: 21member
    I think they should prove that Bush's administration shoehorned us into a position of preemptive war, and then focus on the increasing chaos in Iraq and the ideological desolation of Afghanistan.

We're recruiting the next generation of terrorists FOR them by messing up the chance to build stable, prosperous, free societies.

I also think no one should tease Bush about WoMD, just in case they turn up some better evidence... after all, why did Saddam basically let his country crash and burn if he had nothing to hide? (However, he is obviously completely insane, so previous argument may not apply)

To bring this back on topic, I think a major component of the presidential campaign should be passing a referendum that Apple should have released an Aluminum 15" powerbook in January with the others, or at the very least yesterday, and Jobs should therefore be publicly slapped with a limp white glove.
  • Reply 6 of 10
    dhagan4755dhagan4755 Posts: 2,152member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ~ufo~

A. For the love of sanity: what has this to do with future apple hardware?

Maybe the G5 will be a weapon on mass destruction? I mean...if you have seen the commercial
  • Reply 7 of 10
    peharripeharri Posts: 169member
    Look, it's quite simple: the damage that's been done to Bush's re-election chances is irreversable, there's quite simply no way anyone will vote for him with the missing 15.4" Al PowerBooks.

Had these been found this week, he might have stood a chance. But with a poor economy, Iraq turning into a quagmire, serious questions of honesty hanging over his administration, and most importantly of all, an apparent massive delay in the release of a critical Apple laptop, leaving Apple users with slow, obsolete, and poorly painted portable options, there's no way he's going to be President beyond the next election.

Unless he cheats, again.
  • Reply 8 of 10
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member

THIS one is the worst thread ever! Woohoo!
  • Reply 9 of 10
    yevgenyyevgeny Posts: 1,148member
    What in the world is this conversation doing here? Anders, with so many posts, I would have thought that you had some sense of a CLUE as to what should be posted in future hardware and what should not be posted in future hardware. Obviously I am wrong and you don't have a clue.
  • Reply 10 of 10
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    I don't see any point in trying to salvage this. Any disagreements? No? Good.

Try again in AppleOutsider.