Qualifying for Edu Discount

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
i couldn't find a link...how do i know if 'i' qualify for a discount at the apple store...what are the requirements?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    closest i could find without spending too much time searching...

For individuals and institutions

The education price lists contain complete, up-to-date hardware and software pricing for higher education faculty, staff, and students; K-12 educators and qualified homeschools; as well as K-12 and higher education institutions.

otherwise, there's the direct approach...

For individuals

Get the latest product, pricing, and availability by calling 1-800-MY-APPLE (1-800-692-7753) anytime, day or night.

(edit)

also, hardware purchases under the educational discounts are limited, i believe, to two desktop or laptop units per calendar year, just in case you happen to know a student and want to ride piggyback. they'll need to know they'll essentially lock themselves out of any other major purchases for the next year at any edu discounts.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    It used to be two CPU purchases per year (one desktop and one laptop), but Apple reduced it now to only one machine per year at EDU pricing. However, if you want to get in on the EDU discount without being a student, go see my post over at MacNN.

http://forums.macnn.com/showthread.p...postid=1494994
  • Reply 3 of 7
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    thanks...i'll have to make sure my brother isn't panning on buying a desktop this year (he is too poor to anyways i doubt it)
  • Reply 4 of 7
    burningwheelburningwheel Posts: 1,827member
    Quote:

Originally posted by SSMagicMan13

It used to be two CPU purchases per year (one desktop and one laptop), but Apple reduced it now to only one machine per year at EDU pricing. However, if you want to get in on the EDU discount without being a student, go see my post over at MacNN.

http://forums.macnn.com/showthread.p...postid=1494994

am i blind? i didn't see it. i don't need it since i got mine through my wife who is a student
  • Reply 5 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by burningwheel

am i blind? i didn't see it. i don't need it since i got mine through my wife who is a student

heh...i think my brother will be buying me a g5...with 300 off

god bless him that the majority of his credits from spain didn't tranfer over so he has to go another semester...sucks for him but nice for me
  • Reply 6 of 7
    influenzainfluenza Posts: 146member
    I bought my G4 tower and the Jaguar update with educational pricing. I'm a contract employee at a university, which means I'm not actually in the HR database, so unless they called my supervisor (which they didn't) there was no background check as far as I can discern. The limit on the number of products you can purchase each academic year seems to be the only real constraint.

Even better, I bought my 12" PowerBook through the student store here, and they purchase Apple hardware as if they were buying it for the university. I saved something like $300!
  • Reply 7 of 7
    i was wondering if they really checked...r you suggesting anything or just giving some randome interesting information?