Panther Mail.app improvements.

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
What are some features you would like to see in the new version of mail for Panther? I know I would like to be able to have the dock icon display when I have new mail in other folders besides the Inbox one. I have a folder set up for my girlfriend, and when she emails me, (using rules, which I finally discovered last week) it goes right there, but there is no way I can find to have it display in the dock. Another thing I would like is the ability to check a hotmail or webmail account. I guess those are the basic things. (And I wanted to see if anyone is looking for this feature.... Or any others.)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    cubedudecubedude Posts: 1,556member
    Quote:

Originally posted by segovius

And the ability to be opened from 'mailto' links in Safari. This has never worked for me.

Really? It works fine for me.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Speeding up is something I cannot comment so much on, as I am on an old G3/333 (overclocked). I think it would be killer if Apple put a way to extract data from Entourage and Outllok (For the PC), as it could potentially bring some new customers. My dad wants to switch, but saving his emails is one of his concerns.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    hobbeshobbes Posts: 1,252member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jeremiah Rich

I think it would be killer if Apple put a way to extract data from Entourage and Outllok (For the PC), as it could potentially bring some new customers. My dad wants to switch, but saving his emails is one of his concerns.

Check this out.

The comments section offers some alternate solutions as well.

They're all a bit complex, so it may be good idea to help.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    lungarettalungaretta Posts: 194member
    i'd like an auto archive facility (mails older than X days/weeks get compressed and archived)

i'd also like the junk filter to have merged training and active mode.

ultimately i'd like the underlying persistant storage mechanism to be a proper db such as mysql this would be SOooo much faster than the flat text files that they currently use. of course the ability to export to flat txt (or mbox whatever.) would be needed as well.

mind you i'm not knocking mail 'cause it's not bad. not bad at all.