Spider-Man 2: The Amazing Spider-Man

rokrok
Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
well, sony has just released the first teaser pictures for the next installment, featuring Spidey's next arch villain, Doctor Octopus!

For a sneak peek, click here.

hmmm, only about another year for the hype to go completely nuts for this one, huh?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    I feel all tingly inside.
  • Reply 2 of 13
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    Sweet. Dr. Octo Rules.

[afterthought:] I wonder if Harry (Osborn) will make an appearance as GG2, and team up with the good Dr. ......
  • Reply 3 of 13
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    Quote:

Originally posted by 709

Sweet. Dr. Octo Rules.

(afterthought I wonder if Harry (Osborn) will make an appearance as GG2, and team up with the good Dr. ......

in a way, i hope not, simply because i don't want to see the franchise go down the "batman" route, where the later movies became glutted with WAY too many villains to devote any character development to, and thereby become a total clusterf*ck.
  • Reply 4 of 13
    While you are correct that the later Batman films were complete clusterf*cks, I *wish* it was only a matter of too many characters.

I'm halfway through Kavalier & Clay at the mo. Good Stuff.

Raimi + Chabon + Dunst = Gold
  • Reply 5 of 13
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    Quote:

Originally posted by rok

in a way, i hope not, simply because i don't want to see the franchise go down the "batman" route, where the later movies became glutted with WAY too many villains to devote any character development to, and thereby become a total clusterf*ck.

I *hope* not too, but Spider-Man I left itself pretty well set up for the return of GG, what with the rift between Harry and Peter. Ideally, I'd like another 1 superhero vs. 1 villian movie, but I've got a hunch they might introduce GG2 (even mid to end movie), and in doing so set themselves up for Spider-Man 3.
  • Reply 6 of 13
    willoughbywilloughby Posts: 1,457member
    Quote:

Originally posted by stupider...likeafox

While you are correct that the later Batman films were complete clusterf*cks, I *wish* it was only a matter of too many characters.

I blame Joel Schumacher. I think The Lost Boys is the only movie he directed that I liked.
  • Reply 7 of 13
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    I want to see the kingpin in Spider-man, I always liked him as a super villain, because he's not really super, he just has connections.
  • Reply 8 of 13
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Wrong Robust

I want to see the kingpin in Spider-man, I always liked him as a super villain, because he's not really super, he just has connections.

He's Super Fat.
  • Reply 9 of 13
    drewpropsdrewprops Posts: 2,321member
    Aren't we supposed to call him "doc-oc" that's the way I always remember hearing it in the cartoons....
  • Reply 10 of 13
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    1 villain at a time, please. Thank you.

SM1: Green Goblin

SM2: Doc Ock

SM3: Green Goblin II

SM4: Venom

SM5: Carnage

• Reply 11 of 13
    liquidrliquidr Posts: 884member
    Originally posted by Willoughby

Quote:

I blame Joel Schumacher.

Yes, so do I, or should we blame Burton for leaving the franchise in the first place.

Who's playing Doc Oc?

My question is what happened to all the DC movie franchises? Do any of you remember when Marvel couldn't get a single good movie from one of their books, Capt America, The Punisher etc..
  • Reply 12 of 13
    cakecake Posts: 1,010member
    They built a set and burned it down outside my apartment for the first film.

Hopefully they'll use that lot again this time around.