MOVED: The Future Is Just About Now.

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
It seems to me that everyone on these boards wants a newer and faster Mac. People want them that wont even buy them, just because they want Apple to offfer such a product. All of these predictions about PowerMacs and the hailed 970 will hopefully stop the constant whining that people do here, when they are released.

What is this speed needed for, running applications and the OS? I really think that most people would say this is why they want speed speed speed. I for one think that those desires have been met. Apple currently provides systems other than the iBook's that run the OS and the applications so well. I would say blazingly fast.

We are coming to a point in time where speed will not matter as much but software does. The speed of a machine will be gauged by how fast it runs the applications compared to its predecessor. If this is what is happening then I see no reason to complain about any of the current G4 systems Apple offers in terms of speed...price however is not yet where it needs to be.

[ 01-09-2003: Message edited by: Mr. Macintosh ]

[ 01-09-2003: Message edited by: Bodhi ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    bodhibodhi Posts: 1,424member
    Good discussion but I do not really think its about future apple hardware speculation so I am sending it to General Discussion.

:cool:
  • Reply 2 of 2
    rickagrickag Posts: 1,626member
    [quote]Originally posted by Mr. Macintosh:

<strong>It seems to me that everyone on these boards wants a newer and faster Mac. People want them that wont even buy them, just because they want Apple to offfer such a product. All of these predictions about PowerMacs and the hailed 970 will hopefully stop the constant whining that people do here, when they are released.

What is this speed needed for, running applications and the OS? I really think that most people would say this is why they want speed speed speed. I for one think that those desires have been met. Apple currently provides systems other than the iBook's that run the OS and the applications so well. I would say blazingly fast.

We are coming to a point in time where speed will not matter as much but software does. The speed of a machine will be gauged by how fast it runs the applications compared to its predecessor. If this is what is happening then I see no reason to complain about any of the current G4 systems Apple offers in terms of speed...price however is not yet where it needs to be.

[ 01-09-2003: Message edited by: Mr. Macintosh ]</strong><hr></blockquote>

Is that you Steve?

Just joking, have a nice day.