Will Bush present WoMDs found in Iraq?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
The principal reason for attacking Iraq had been the claim that Hussein had a WoMD program despite reports from the UN weapons inspectors repots. Now, 3 month after the end of the war and with droves of US intelligence in the country, nothing has been found apart from some corroded parts dug from a backyard and dating back > 10 years (no one disputes, Hussein had a WoMD program back then).

As the war is over and done with, this is not so much of an issue now, but one of the democrat candidates might be tempted to call Bush a *gasp* liar and/or it might remain lurking in the memories of world politicians that something was very wrong with the Powell speech at the UNO.

As the US has total control of the news situation in Iraq now, I would not put it past Bush to either hold back WoMD evidence until he can slap it into the face of a democrat candidate or even have some subordinate order intelligence to plant evidence.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 16,909member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Smircle

The principal reason for attacking Iraq had been the claim that Hussein had a WoMD program despite reports from the UN weapons inspectors repots. Now, 3 month after the end of the war and with droves of US intelligence in the country, nothing has been found apart from some corroded parts dug from a backyard and dating back > 10 years (no one disputes, Hussein had a WoMD program back then).

As the war is over and done with, this is not so much of an issue now, but one of the democrat candidates might be tempted to call Bush a *gasp* liar and/or it might remain lurking in the memories of world politicians that something was very wrong with the Powell speech at the UNO.

As the US has total control of the news situation in Iraq now, I would not put it past Bush to either hold back WoMD evidence until he can slap it into the face of a democrat candidate or even have some subordinate order intelligence to plant evidence.

We have about 15 of these threads now. We don't need another.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    existenceexistence Posts: 991member
    I don't know if Bush will personally order any planting of evidence since he's little more than a diapered chimp easily manipulated by those around him. I think he's honest but he's little more than a puppet that does and says what he's told.

The real question is will an Cheney, Rice or Rumsfeld arrange to plant evidence.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    I was told before the war by posters here that he would. I'm not waiting because I don't care.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    jimmacjimmac Posts: 11,898member
    I care and so do many others.