Appleinsider Fantasy Football

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I am starting a league for teams for those interested in participating in fantasy football this season.

While I encourage participation, please do not e-mail for acceptance if you are not going to keep up with it. The whole point is having people involved so anyone who is going to quit if they lose their first two games is not an ideal candidate.

Ideally if I can get rid of a coach while the league is in play I will. I don't know if it's possible but I would definitely disband any team that, say, had a starting quarterback who wasn't playing that week (a sign the coach isn't participating).

Send me an e-mail or private message if you are interested and include answers to the following questions:

- Have you participated in fantasy football before?

- Would you continue participation if your team was out of contention?

- Do you watch/keep up with the NFL?

I am setting the team maximum to 12 teams, I don't take this to be a very football-loving crowd.

If you're interested sign up and we'll have some fun. We have a month until the season starts (and draft day) so let's get going.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    I'm in.

Saw fantasy football in the title and replied without reading. let me answer your questions publicly...

1) Yes, 4 years running.

2) Never had to deal with a team out of contention. Of course I'd still keep up. Playing the spoiler is fun too.

3) Duh. Yes yes yes yes yes.

What service and what rules?
  • Reply 2 of 7
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    I'm doing Yahoo because it's solid for being free. Damned if I pay.

Basic rules, a few minor tweaks.

Keeping team names appropriate would be greatly appreciated.

You've got PM.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    To make it even simpler we will be doing autodraft. You rank who you want and the computer drafts for you.

You can still make it interesting with your pre-rankings. Steal a guy who should be ranked higher or avoid wasting your first pick on someone you don't think will perform.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    Quote:

Originally posted by groverat

To make it even simpler we will be doing autodraft. You rank who you want and the computer drafts for you.

You can still make it interesting with your pre-rankings. Steal a guy who should be ranked higher or avoid wasting your first pick on someone you don't think will perform.

Erg. I'm out if it's autodraft. Sorry grove. I hate those things. The draft is seriously more than half the fun.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    I agree, but you've gotta appease the nerdlings.

(I'm in another league for the livedraft fun.)
  • Reply 6 of 7
    der kopfder kopf Posts: 2,275member
    To answer your questions:

no - no - no

What is fantasy football? Can I play? What is the stuff I need? I have the body for it, I guess.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    agent302agent302 Posts: 974member
    Ok, I'm in, with the unimaginatively named "Dan's Team"