.Mac Homepage color rendering problem

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Hi Y'All,

Haven't been to the forum in a while but have a prob. I just signed up to .Mac so that I can upload some photos to share. All the images are tagged with Adobe 1998 RGB, JPEG. It is up and runnig but the images are not rendering (color wise) correctly.

The only thing I can think of is that .Mac is trying to accommodate the larger viewers, the PC users, because the difference is similar to Gamma 2.2 vs. Apple's 1.8. The image color and contrast are muted, not vibrant as it showsin PS 7. I also got to the webpage and did a drag and drop copy to the desktop. Then I opened it up via Preview and it renders just like PS, as it should.

Can anyone explain what's going on? (By the way, I have also uploaded an image that was untagged and it still has the same problem.)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    The browser you're using has to support embedded color profiles. Not all browsers do. Welcome to the wonderful world of color...
  • Reply 2 of 2
    kwondokwondo Posts: 217member
    LoCash,

Thanks for responding, but...doesn't Safari support Colorsynck or ICC profiles? What about the same imag that I re-uploaded without any profiles? I discarded the embedded tag, saved it, closed it, reopened it and made sure that PS 7 got "don't color manage." then "leave as it is." Now, whatever I see, that should be how it should render on Safari or Explorer (which does handle Colorsync)?