Belkin Mac to VGA adaper.

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Hey. I bet this has been covered before, but I have a Beige G3/300 (Oc'ed to 333) with the extra 4 mb ram upgrade for the video. Anyways, I have been using it with a Viewsonic PS790 which has both VGA and BNC terminals. Tonight I realized "Why don't I try it through BNC? Then maybe I can select more than one resolution without having to reset the switches on the Belkin!" So I did. To my amazement, it can go up to 1920x1080. I opted for 1600x1200. Anyways, what I am wondering is how I am setting the Belkin switch wrong. This monitor is going to go out soon, so I will not be able to use it with BNC connectors much longer. (I have two 19" Micron screens) Unfortunately I cannot afford a Radeon card at this time and all. The setting I am using is "1" on the dial, and for the jumpers, 1 on, 2 off, 3 on, 4 off, 5&6 on, 7 off, and 8 on. I looked through the manual and it seems to differ from the product. Like I said, this was the combination that let it go its highest (1152x870). Either way, I am enjoying the nice resolution now, and look forward to using it on my new Mac next summer. If anyone knows settings that will let it go through the VGA adapter at 1600x1200, please let me know. Thanks a bunch!