Some Playstation 2 people out there?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Got Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3 this for PS2 as a used game when I bought the PS2 console last month. Had THPS 2 and I haven't gotten 4 yet so bear with me...

I've completed all careers and unlocked all levels and characters

Now does anyone know of any signifigant gaps or tricks that unlock anything in the Burnside Park or Roswell area? I've skated, grinded and railed EVERYTHING and nothing works. Am I just wasting time? Probably, but hell...is it sure fun.

I've created my own parks, skaters, found the secret gaps and extra parks and still play this game constantly. King of the Hill and Slap! with another player is hilarious.

Heard that the next THPS will have the skater the ability to pick up their skateboard and run around to parks/missions a la GTA style.

Other games I have so far:

Tenchu Wraith of Heaven (Long time fan of Tenchu since PS 1. 3rd version of this awesome Ninja game. Has two player options in this one!)

Onimusha Warlords (Samurai/supernatural game a la Resident Evil style)

Way of the Samurai (Weird game, in it you have the ability to alter the complete course of events/characters/story with your actions and choice of verbal responses but has an awesome two player samurai challenge game)

Tekken Tag Tournament (The best of theTekken games. All the early original characters are in this one and a couple of new ones too.)

GTA 3 (I know, Vice City is the shit right now, but this is a loaner from someone who's playing Vice City 24/7 right now...this game is like crack...you can't STOP!)

Plus a ton of old PS1 games...

Since I work at Barnes & Noble I can get discounts on used games for PS2 at GameStop so the "addiction" will continue...

So any reccomendations for games and/or cheats...er...tips on unlocking any THPS 3 in the Burnside/Roswell parks?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    screedscreed Posts: 1,077member
    Devil May Cry

-playing through it a second time in Hard mode. Yeesh!!

Resident Evil 1 & 2, but have yet to finsh 1.

-Funnily enough, I find the pixelation of the old PS1 games make it seem scarier. \

Screed
  • Reply 2 of 4
    I play socom us navy seals online. That game rocks!!!

I also play atv off-road fury 2 online alot. my 10 yr old son likes the Tony Hawk and star wars games.

call me wierd, but since I got the network adaptor the day it came out last summer, I havent played any games unless it is online.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    artman @_@artman @_@ Posts: 2,546member
    Thanks for the recommendations. There are so many games out there it's hard to choose sometimes. I do like the first person stuff (Tenchu, Syphon Filter and someday Splinter Cell). Games that make you think and act accordingly. But the Tony Hawk, Crash Bandicoot and Ape Escape 2 stuff can be just as daunting as they are fun.

I was playing Tenchu all last night. The whole method of the game is to achieve the goal and take out your enemies with as little or no detection as possible (well, you are a Ninja...). It's not easy. The graphics on this game are incredible too. I still break out the old original though...still fun to go through.

I wouldn't reccomend it for kids but Tenchu: Wraith of Heaven is an awesome game. Check it out.

My online experience will have to wait until I get a decent job and high speed access. For now my buddies and I play here at the Artshack and chug a few beers in the process.

MagicFingers, let me know when your son cracks the Burnside and Roswell parks in THPS 3. The kids today seem to have this ability to whiz through these games a lot faster than us.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    willoughbywilloughby Posts: 1,457member
    Artman,

Let me know if you ever get the network adapter so I can school you in TH3 AND 4.

Too bad Tekken Tag Tournament isn't online, I've mastered that game.

If you're ever at Dave & Buster's on Delaware Ave look for me beating everyone at Tekken