iPod download stations?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Title: IS&T POD Administrator

Req. ID: 1956201

This position will interface with all business owners and Business Systems Admins for applications running in the internet Pod location(s) supported. Interfaces with IS&T IMT Directors and senior level managers across Apple business units related to network connectivity and systems hardaware and OS requirements.

Interfaces with finance personnel related to developing and monitoring capital and expense operating budgets; interfaces with purchasing and vendors related to procurement negotiations.

Works closely with and acts as an extension of IS&T Information security team for all security criteria needed within the internet Pod location(s).

May at times work with vendors or service providers as appropriate for network and systems planning and problem management.

This is an individual contributor position that requires strong technical skills specifically related to this environment which will be largely standardized around OSX and UNIX systems and network. Excellent oral and written communication skill are also a requirement. Previous responsibility for network and systems engineering supporting a Unix environement of more than 200 systems is requited with an understanding security disciplines including intrusion detection, stateful firewalls, IP filtering techniques is required.

Typically requires a BS or BA and 2- 5 years related technical experience.

? Broad knowledge of Premises Distribution System copper and fiber wiring for 100BaseT / Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet; Network protocols; e.g., TCP/IP, NFS, IP Multicast IGMP and Network routing and switching e.g. EIGRP, OSPF, Spanning Tree

? Working knowledge of domain name service, e-mail systems (IMAP, POP, Sendmail SMTP), directory services such as NIS, NIS+, LDAP, Apple Connect and Directory Services.

? Demonstrated expertise with Sun and OSX Unix environment. Specifically, understands systems administration, configuration, account management, filesystem management and security priviledges for these environments. Experience with IBM AIX a plus.

Call me crazy, but this sounds like Apple is going to have music downloading stations in various places for people to plug their iPods into and download (and pay for) songs from the iTMS. No?

(and hey, at least this isn't another powerbook b!tch-thread...)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    jlljll Posts: 2,713member
    Quote:

Originally posted by concentricity

Call me crazy, but this sounds like Apple is going to have music downloading stations in various places for people to plug their iPods into and download (and pay for) songs from the iTMS. No?

No!
  • Reply 2 of 4
    over 140 views, and not a single (intelligent) comment?

seriously, if my speculation is crazy, then what do you think this position is?
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by concentricity

over 140 views, and not a single (intelligent) comment?

seriously, if my speculation is crazy, then what do you think this position is?

Information Systems and Technology

Incident Management Team

Print On Demand

Do a Google for IS&T Apple IMT.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    costiquecostique Posts: 1,084member
    Yeah, yeah, where do I download my iPod?