This is SportsCenter

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
...AWESOME!!!

It is truly amazing the new perspective I've gotten from watching this show so far (right now, it's half-over). I have watch ESPN for a long time and tonight, I was amazed not by the scores or the stories but by the tremedous work it goes in putting together just one show.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    I have a step brother that works for ESPN. Last I heard his job was to watch the games and pick out the highlights. That was long time ago. I think they would have moved him up by now.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    cubs23cubs23 Posts: 324member
    I enjoyed it as well. I was wondering if they use Final Cut Pro to do their editing? I heard they did. That would be cool. I didn't see the editing room at all. Anyone know?
  • Reply 3 of 8
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Having worked in sports TV for a little while, I can attest to the fact that putting on a show like SportsCenter is a miracle of modern society. There are so many graphics, tapes, statistics, etc. that have to go into it that you'd be amazed to watch them actually put the show together. Just watch sometime and count how often a new "thing" is put on-screen. Then think that for each one of those, somebody made it, typed it in, researched it, and/or edited it.

Very cool. 8)
  • Reply 4 of 8
    Did they talk about what they were doing to revive a show that has deteriorated greatly because of the ****ing announcers' obsession with constantly doing their schtick as if they all think they are witty standup comedians? Also did anyone push Linda Cohn off a bridge? If not then I fail to see what could ahve been so awesome.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    argentoargento Posts: 483member
    My new Aunt works for ESPN, at her wedding Dan Kirpatric was there, Stewart Scott, and all those other guys. My Aunt produces Baseball tonight and covers tons of basketball. It's pretty cool. She travels around alot but I know she loves her job. Besides she gets me kick ass shirts.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Bill Mueller's left handed and right handed grand slams + home run was awesome. Good for him. I wish he was still wearing black and orange.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by Eugene

Bill Mueller's left handed and right handed grand slams + home run was awesome. Good for him. I wish he was still wearing black and orange.

And I'm glad he's not. Theo Epstein is looking awfully smart these days.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    Any relation to Juan Epstein?

PS - if you like Sportscenter and have broadband, see Rob Ray (below).