Is This A Scam?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
http://www.paidsurveysonline.com/index.php

Why would they ask for money if you make money from them?

Frank_t

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Yes
  • Reply 2 of 9
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Apparently you can also make $5000 a month at home in your spare time stuffing envelopes. Can't find the link though.

• Reply 3 of 9
    frank_tfrank_t Posts: 428member
    I wonder if there are people that have handed in money for this kind of stuff....you never hear from them....do they get sucked in for real never to be seen again

Frank_t
  • Reply 4 of 9
    Don't underestimate the number of stupid/naive/desperate people in the world. It's not the same thing as your survey link but for example, just in yesterday's news there was an article on a guy who bilked 3200 people out of $74 million.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...estment_scam_2
  • Reply 5 of 9
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    mr money .. send spam to your friends and earn money! earn 10 $ coupons for free holidays! that you can get when nobody has holidays and you have to pay only the transport, and the expenses like electiricty, water, gas ... some guys earn 800 $ a week spamming their friends with this! if they have 1 week of holiday a year, they have "earned" "free" holidays for the next 80 years... before it had the top tens of last week, something like untill last year... tsk tsk
  • Reply 6 of 9
    randycat99randycat99 Posts: 1,919member
    Wow, I'm glad you posted this here. I didn't know what to make of it. This sort of operation is actually linked to from a jobsite I go to frequently (don't know if it is the exact same one, but the profile is pretty much the same). I mean, who can you trust, if you can't even trust the "legitimate" job listings you see on a job search site?

On a similar note, what about those "mystery shoppers" organizations? Anybody ever look into those?

EDIT: Here's the site that managed to get a posting at the jobsite:

http://www.paidopinions.com
  • Reply 7 of 9
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    "pay for your opinions" .. well - most of the job sites do spam too so i don't trust them either. and then take the most legitimate like adecco, manpower etc. in italy one of these had "opportunuities" and it told there were 900'000 curriculums online ... and 2'600 jobs!!
  • Reply 8 of 9
    objra10objra10 Posts: 679member
    For what it's worth... if you look closely at that site, what you are paying for is access to their list of links to third party opinions that pay you. Dont' know if it's legit or not, but it sounds a lot like those ebay auctions where you buy info on where to get a great deal on a big screen TV.

We see this sort of thing all the time come across consumer protection divisions, however it's very hard to prosecute because essentially it's not actually illegal.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    kennethkenneth Posts: 832member
    alladvantage.com