powerbook case

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I ordered a 15 ti book, and need a good cheap case. Im going to college so i want something that is somewhat portable, but most importantly cheap. I already went over my budget for the computer, and now i need a case. I would like a backpack, but those are usually expensive.

thanks,

ajd

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    I knoe you said cheap, but the Brenthaven backpack is the best pack I have ever owned. It's super durable and was built for the 15" TiBook. Cheap though is going to Best Buy or Circuit City and sticking your powerbook in a few cases that cost around $40.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Well, you could do what I'm planning on: just buy a nice padded, cushioned sleeve from Booq, Marware or whoever and put the PowerBook into that and then slide that into you regular ol' backpack.

The Booq model comes with a handle and strap, so if you're scooting around the neighborhood or going to a friend's house, you can tote it as is. But for school and all, you can stick it - knowing it's padded/protected - into your nice backpack with your other stuff.

I'm a backpack kinda guy, but I still wouldn't buy one of those wild-ass, $150+ models from some of these companies. I'd rather spend $30-40 on a durable, padded sleeve and use my regular, trusty backpack.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    backpacks are so sweet and useful for so many things, from computers to hiking!

*pick up his work backpack and hugs it*
  • Reply 4 of 4
    http://www.exploreproducts.com/vangu...mputercase.htm

I have one of these Vanguard hard side aluminum cases. I know it's not a backpack like you want, but it's still sexy as all hell. It looks like something from Mission Impossible. I like to talk around school wearing a trenchcoat and top hat when I carry it.