Future of the Powerbook

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
So...what else can be done with the awsome PB that is out now?

My thought/likes. I've seen a Laptop that has a pop out wireless keyboard, so that you dont have to cramp over to use the keyboard, pretty sweet.

2. heat reduction, a miricle if there was none.

3. weight, yes, 6.2, whatever pounds is okay, even under 5 pounds is great, but we all know that after the first few times dragging the Pb around, it gets heavy.

4. some type of Apple innovated Mouse, cursor...is there anything new besides the touchpad and Dot?

5. Tablet gizmo flip thing...it's kind of a trendy thing, can apple make it any cooler.

6. Incorporate Mobilewise Wirless power.

Please chip in your thoughts

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    [quote]Originally posted by marloe:

<strong>So...what else can be done with the awsome PB that is out now?

My thought/likes. I've seen a Laptop that has a pop out wireless keyboard, so that you dont have to cramp over to use the keyboard, pretty sweet.

2. heat reduction, a miricle if there was none.

3. weight, yes, 6.2, whatever pounds is okay, even under 5 pounds is great, but we all know that after the first few times dragging the Pb around, it gets heavy.

4. some type of Apple innovated Mouse, cursor...is there anything new besides the touchpad and Dot?

5. Tablet gizmo flip thing...it's kind of a trendy thing, can apple make it any cooler.

6. Incorporate Mobilewise Wirless power.

Please chip in your thoughts</strong><hr></blockquote>

Apple has basically done everything they can with current technology to provide a fully featured and light notebook (12'' PB).
  • Reply 2 of 3
    crusadercrusader Posts: 1,129member
    Hmm:

1. Hot swappable drive bay (can be used for batteries too.)

2. Upgradeable processor.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    I can't say that I really like too many of those ideas, and I really don't like the idea of a removable drive. That is just one more thing to keep up with, and it always seems cheap.

I do like the idea of maybe some sort of built in GSM wireless modem. With most of the wireless companies switching to GSM, most people with a cell phone do or will have a removable service chip that could be inserted somewhere.