20% of all Consumers know of the iTMS

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
According to a Maccentral Article:

http://maccentral.macworld.com/news/2003/07/31/npd/

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    cubedudecubedude Posts: 1,556member
    So what will this number be when the Windows version comes out?

Advertise, Advertise, Advertise!
  • Reply 2 of 6
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    Quote:

Originally posted by CubeDude

So what will this number be when the Windows version comes out?

Advertise, Advertise, Advertise!

Advertise? thats for those DELL like companies, not apple
  • Reply 3 of 6
    gordygordy Posts: 1,004member
    I don't know about that, have you picked up Vibe, GQ, or Rolling Stone in the past year? There always seems to be an iPod or iTMS ad in one of them, at least. That advertising is why iPod is #1.

I think 2004 is going to be another great year for iTMS.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by gordy

I don't know about that, have you picked up Vibe, GQ, or Rolling Stone in the past year? There always seems to be an iPod or iTMS ad in one of them, at least. That advertising is why iPod is #1.

I think 2004 is going to be another great year for iTMS.

I don't read magazines. I have seen iPod ads on the back of my mom's home and garden magazines, but that's all the iPod advertising I've seen. It doesn't really show how the iPod does what it does(Ok, that's kind of hard in a print ad), but I think Apple need to advertise of TV, and in print. But I suppose most people who read home and garden mags don't know Apple still exists, and so maybe these small ads just garner instersnt in Apple, and then the people go the apple.com to check out the iPod, but then see the cool computers, and...

Ignore me, I just rambling on now...

... then the people find out that Apple didn't die years ago, and that they should go and check out a Mac at store, and they find out that Apple has their own retail stores, and they go to the nearest one, and then they are impressed by the staff, and they walk out of the store with an iMac or eMac and then they find all the cool iApps, and they find the iTMS and they buy some music, and then they get into iMovie and iDVD, and, ah forget it.

I need to take my medication now.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    I think that a slight problem might be that a lot of people don't really "get" the iPod/iTMS commercials. My girlfriend was showing her father her iPod and he was amazed, he had no idea what it was at first. After about 5 minutes of showing it to him she mentioned that she only has the smallest of 3 of the newest models, and she has 1,874 songs on it with room to spare. He looks at her with an odd look on his face, and says "Didn't you say that thing cost you $300?"

"Yes..."

"Well I saw one of their commercials for the music, I can't believe you paid $300 for that, and then 99¢ for every song you put on it"

It took about 15 minutes to explain to him that we already had the songs, and that if we wanted, Apple provides a different service where we could buy more songs for 99¢. The scary thing is that her sister and step-mom all thought the same thing. But then again, he was flipping out about her saying she wanted a PowerBook for college, I especially remember the sentence "That's a horrible idea, you will get so behind because you won't be able to use the same programs as the rest of the class. Everybody uses Windows, you wouldn't even be able to use Word like me on my laptop, that's a Microsoft product!"
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Ah, the ignorant.