Price drop speculation???

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Lets just say for the sake of agrument that new lines are introduced at MWSF. G5 does make an appearance, and so on, making the current PMac (733/867/800DP) and iMac line obsolete.

I want to ask what the prices for those systems might be? Could it be possible to purchase an 800DP for less than $2500? IF there is a G5 out there?

I am in the market for a new mac, and I am waiting for MWSF to make a decision? Should I buy a new G5 low end or buy a hi end G4 for the same or slightly higer price than a low G5?

Any thoughts?

-Sal

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    G5's or updated G4's would likely be introduced at current G4 prices. Look for Apple to blow out existing G4's and old displays through the extension of it's Crystal Clear Savings rebates only to the old systems. This is the equivalent of up to $500 off the price of an updated machine. But Apple has a very good inventory control system, arguably the best in the industry - by the time new machines are introduced, they won't have a ton of the old ones to get rid of, so I wouldn't look for any huge deals or anything - maybe some refurbished units a month or two after MWSF.

-S
  • Reply 1 of 3
    davegeedavegee Posts: 2,765member
    [quote]Originally posted by Saleel Kulkarni:

<strong>Lets just say for the sake of agrument that new lines are introduced at MWSF. G5 does make an appearance, and so on, making the current PMac (733/867/800DP) and iMac line obsolete.

I want to ask what the prices for those systems might be? Could it be possible to purchase an 800DP for less than $2500? IF there is a G5 out there?

I am in the market for a new mac, and I am waiting for MWSF to make a decision? Should I buy a new G5 low end or buy a hi end G4 for the same or slightly higer price than a low G5?

Any thoughts?

-Sal</strong><hr></blockquote>

Hmm you want an answer to a question based on:

Speculation of a G5 intro as well as....

Speculation of an inventory of DP 800Mhz system still being available as well as....

Speculation on what the price of the speculated G5 systems will be as well as..

Speculation that said speculated price (of the speculated G5) would in some way cause the speculatedly available DP 800s to drop a speculated $1000 overnight

I'd bet the answers you get will be vauge at best. But remember, that's just my speculation...

Dave

[ 12-21-2001: Message edited by: DaveGee ]</p>
  • Reply 3 of 3
    The high end always drops the most. I bet DP800s will be worth around $2300-2500 immediately following MacWorld.