Anyone heard of .dip format for slideshows ?

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I need to burn a DVD from a PC owning friend's slideshow and movie files. The movie was no problem but his slideshow ends in the suffix .dip .

I've never heard of this and even trusty old Graphic Converter doesn't seem to be able to deal with it. Any thoughts or anyone heard of this file type ? I'd like to be able to show him the Mac can handle anything.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    Quote:

Originally posted by jimdad

I need to burn a DVD from a PC owning friend's slideshow and movie files. The movie was no problem but his slideshow ends in the suffix .dip .

I've never heard of this and even trusty old Graphic Converter doesn't seem to be able to deal with it. Any thoughts or anyone heard of this file type ? I'd like to be able to show him the Mac can handle anything.

1. Ask him to open the slideshow in Windows and then he can tell you which app opened it.

2. In UNIX, dip is a dialup IP connection handler, for example .script.dip starts the program in dialout mode and invokes the specified dialing script file. The suffix ".dip" will be automatically added to the path specified. I found that out by 'Asking Jeeves'! Hope that may be of some help.