Tungsten T2 is awesome...anyone have word on T3?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Just bought a Palm Tungsten T2. Thing kicks serious ass. Great screen, fast interface, MP3 playback (through RealPlayer though), I have some of my short movies on there as well (along with the Janie Porche switch ad ). I use Bluetooth to link up to my Powerbook and T68i to surf the web on the Tungsten...really, this is a truly amazing device. However, there are murmurings of a Tungsten T3 in the works and releasing soon. As of now, this is the most in depth info I can find:

http://www.bargainpda.com/default.as...wComments=true

Looks impressive, with it's larger screen, virtual Graffiti, 64 MB memory (T2 only has 32 even though I bought a 256MB card for it) Does anyone have any info or links to more information on the T3 such as price, possible release date, processor speed? Just curious as I have a 30-day return policy on my T2, and if the T3 is truly more impressive, I'll go the month or two to wait for the T3. Thanks for the help guys!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    arty50arty50 Posts: 201member
    www.brighthand.com

There's a story on the main page about new Palms that might be coming out. There's also a thread on the T3 in the forums.

I too just bought a T2. It's my first PDA and it has met all of my expectations and then some. I'm still figuring out everything it can do. I'm so stoked because this thing is amazing.
  • Reply 2 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by Arty50

www.brighthand.com

There's a story on the main page about new Palms that might be coming out. There's also a thread on the T3 in the forums.

I too just bought a T2. It's my first PDA and it has met all of my expectations and then some. I'm still figuring out everything it can do. I'm so stoked because this thing is amazing.

Thanks! Yeah I bought a Clie NX70V and I should have known better that it wouldn't work well with my Mac. I figured iSync compatibility would be enough, but I can't do any of the multimedia apps on it, so I got rid of that real quick. T2 is just amazing, people keep asking me about it and they get a kick out of the movie feature and the fact that I can surf the web on it. I love that I can put 256MB of mp3s on there to play with the speaker...yeah I have a 30GB iPod, but it's nice to share music with friends if they want to know what I am listening to.
  • Reply 3 of 10
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Another over featured so as to be over priced PDA. Yawn. Where did the middle road go?
  • Reply 4 of 10
    arty50arty50 Posts: 201member
    Yeah, it's soooo expensive. Especially considering that now I don't have to buy a new calendar every year for the rest of my life...or that now I don't have to reprint my address book everytime I update it...or that now I don't have to throw down $200 for a traditional paper organizer.

I paid extra for the form factor, not the features. If you want a budget PDA look no further than the Palm Zire 71 or 515.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    Scott really lives up to his Member description huh...
  • Reply 6 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by filmmaker2002

Scott really lives up to his Member description huh...

We don't just give out custom titles to anybody, you really have to work hard to earn one.

In regards to his comment, about cheaper PDAs...

The Palm Zire is a $99 handheld, and the Palm m130 is a $179 handheld. The latter has a color screen to boot. They jump up in price from there. They are currently shipping models. I find the comment a tad unfounded.

On a related note, PDAs are attempting to become high powered, laptop replacements. People will argue their price is starting to have them compete with laptops, but people that are looking at a PDA don't want a laptop, they want something that will fit in their pocket. So that argument is silly. It's like someone looking to buy a house, and telling them they could get a Ferrari for the same price, so why not get the Ferrari, duh

At any rate, I have issues with the Palm OS. Some serious issues. Regardless of those, I own a Sony Clié NX60. This thing plays back flash better than the mac, I keep all of my photography on it, my photo databases, etceteras. It does an awful lot for such a tiny thing. I paid $400 for it, and I think it was money well spent. It has an exceptional feature set, which is what I want.

Sony, like Palm, also has much cheaper handhelds for people like Scott to ignore.
  • Reply 7 of 10
    Quote:

Does anyone have any info or links to more information on the T3 such as price, possible release date, processor speed?

The Register had this today. According to the various rumours the T3 should be out in October, will be around $430 and will have 64mb of memory on board. Nothing about the processor that I could find though.
  • Reply 8 of 10
    http://www.palminfocenter.com/

Great site to stay abreast of all of this...
  • Reply 9 of 10
    futuremacfuturemac Posts: 242member
    anybody looking at the tungsten c?

i just missed out getting one for 399 at circuit city (the sale ended yesterday) did anyone get the protection plan? which is the better plan? cc or bestbuy?

i like the idea of a keyboard but wish they would come out with a "c" that has wifi AND bluetooth AND stero sound. the t2 screen is AWESOME! much better than the t i had.
  • Reply 10 of 10
    C is nice for the keyboard and processor. Not nearly as sleek or light as the T. I wish the T had the 400 Mhz processor. WiFi won't be an issue since SanDisk is building an SD wifi card with 256MB on board storage. That'll be nice. I use bluetooth far more than WiFi, hence why I bought the T2. I hope the T3 has the 400Mhz processor in it as well as built in WiFi.